Updated Sigma RAW quicklook plugin!

[edit, this post is bumped (brought to top) every time there is an important update being made on the X3F Quick look plugin. The original post was made back in 2008 and bumped a couple of times since then. Now it’s time again!].

Jeff Sickels, the creater of Sigma X3F quicklook plugin has once more shown his skill and released a new update with OS X Lion support! He writes:

An updated build of the X3F Spotlight Importer and Quicklook generator is now released for Lion. See version 1.5.1 on the software link.

Here’s a movie I made a couple of years ago about the plugin.

[flv:http://www.rytterfalk.com/movie/x3f_finder.flv 500 375]

This entry was posted in Movie, Sigma DP1, Sigma DP2, Sigma SD10, Sigma SD14, Sigma SD9. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Updated Sigma RAW quicklook plugin!

1. Pingback: Updated Sigma RAW quicklook plugin! | Carl Rytterfalk Fotografi

2. swild says:

mmm… not for windows I suppose? Looks great though!

3. Valmente says:

Yeah ! thank you very much ! I can see the X3F of my DP1 better than the last version, indeed.
    Big thx to Jeff !

4. Carl Rytterfalk says:

Yep Swild. There is some tools for windows too – ask over at the Dpreview forum..

5. Pingback: Updated Sigma RAW quicklook plugin! | X3 magazine

6. Pingback: Tweets that mention Updated Sigma RAW quicklook plugin! | Carl Rytterfalk Fotografi -- Topsy.com

7. Gonzalo says:

i cant’t make that plugin work, I’ve tried everything. I have OS X 10.6.6 and it would be so great to work as you do with my old SD10 pictures, I have tons of them! Could you post some tips on how did you install that plugin? Thanks, and keep your magnificent work!!

8. Carl rytterfalk says:

Gonzalo
    I’m pretty sure SD10 lacks that embedded image that’s needed for above plugin to work.. At least at higher quality. Hmm.. If you download any of my raw packs – sd14 and others – do they work?

9. George says:

I have some strange feeling that something is wrong with something :)
    On my 10.6.6 your example photo from here works fine:

but these files not:

What is wrong? My Mac mini or these files?

10. George says:

Now it works: both the X3F.mdimporter and the X3F.qlgenerator need to be installed.

11. Jeff says:

An updated build of the X3F Spotlight Importer and Quicklook generator is now released for Lion. See version 1.5.1 on the software link.

12. Robert says:

After installation, remember to repair permissions as the installation creates many mistakes. In Lion this is truly easy: boot computer with either option key down, or better, option key and “r” key held down, then choose Disk Utility.

This process of repairing permissions is good to do after all installations.