Salty tears by Kerstin Karlsson + SD1 images..

Salty tears by Kerstin Karlsson

I’m a bit sad (therefore sharing my little sisters latest song) to note that even if I save as Tiff and Apple RGB from SPP5, and later do my post production thingi on my Macbooks iPhoto, iPhoto don’t convert to sRGB, instead my published stuff remains in the AppleRGB color space. (I think).

But I will share a few shots from yesterday. All with the 8-16mm lens which isn’t perfectly suitable for the SD1. (at least not the one I have). I’m waiting for the new 12-24 which I hope will be a real sharpness killer!

Dali by bike 11Dali by bike 5 Dali by bike 10Dali by bike 6Dali by bike 4Dali by bike 1Dali by bike 2

This entry was posted in 8-16, Full size, Sigma Photo Pro, Sigma SD1 and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Salty tears by Kerstin Karlsson + SD1 images..

1. ryanshine says:

nice shot!
    based on photozone’s review. 8-16 is a highly recommended lens with great sharpness.
    got a QC-fail one?

2. Bob van Ooik says:

Not 100% sure but i seem to remember that Preview is able to convert colorspaces? Might want to give that a try.

3. person says:

” In Snow Leopard’s Preview, go to Tools | Assign Profile to assign/re-assign a profile to an image file.”

I think this only assigns a new profile but does not convert it, so it just tags the image with given profile.

4. Person (original person) says:

Correct.

LOVE these carl. Best images yet I think!!! love the way you’ve developed them.

Why do you feel sad?

5. Person (original person) says:

Whoops I misread that! I see now.

What was your workflow with the raws? How did you juice the colors like that?

• hehe.. Juice colors are made of using the wrong color profile! :D Well, it looks better at night over here as well. When things are dark around my screen then these last images pop out really nicely.

Thanks.

6. more says:

very slight magenta cast however – try removing in PS with auto color

• Well. If I had. ;) I’m currently in China and I’m on a Macbook Pro 13″ (older, core 2 duo version) that is new to me and I didn’t have time to install anything useful. I’m stuck with iPhoto until back home. :)

Oh, and yes. that magenta cast is more or less gone in iPhoto but can easily be spotted when uploaded. :( I think it has to do with color profiles.

7. more says:

actually just tested it – you’re right! it’s a color space issue, not in the actual files as far as i can see!

8. person (original person) says:

So, you just did normal processing + vivid mode? that’s all?

9. Kendall says:

All of those images seem to be tagged with the profile “AppleRGB” in the JPG files, which many browsers might not understand… you may need to either assign, or probably convert, the profile to sRGB.

• Kendall, I know. :) Although, sRGB looks so wrong so the only way to work with my babies on my computer (without Photoshop) was to save using the AppleRGB which did give me the “right” look in iPhoto in comparison to what I was working with in SPP. Now, I have installed Aperture as well, I have no idea if Aperture can convert to sRGB – will know soon. Also I think there is a new version of SPP available. Perhaps all problems solved.

10. Ricardo Hernandez says:

Carl, what your wife is wearing- that red dress, is more of what Sigma needs to do to advertise this camera! It will differentiate it IQ wise.

11. Beautiful images Carl. Really really beautiful. As being there myself. And they’re so vivid. Love ‘em!

Oliver