SD1 exposure RAW pack 2

SD1 "exposures" Raw pack 2
SD1 Raw pack 2, 250MB in size. Click here to download.
18-50 2.8 Macro used and in most cases long exposures at night.

You need Sigma Photo Pro 5 in order to load the above pack. get it here.

Please try sharpness at it’s lowest possible setting – if you feel you need extra sharpening, please use PS or LR or whatever software you like. Especially try the daylight bridge shot SDIM1547.x3f and have a look at some truly amazing detail..

This entry was posted in 18-50, Full size, RAW, Sigma Photo Pro. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to SD1 exposure RAW pack 2

1. Chunsum says:

Ridiculous amount of details even through the haze in that first one.

Night shots are impressive as well. However, I am more impressed in how much detail there is in areas that are overexposed when pulled back(the last image)

here’s one I like the most showing lots of fine detail in light areas as well as darker areas.

Thanks.

2. Norman says:

Thanks for your reply! Already downloading your two new raw packs and looking forward to get my mind blown~

Enjoy your stay in Yunnan!

3. Ricardo Hernandez says:

Carl, thank you so much for posting the RAW packs, much appreciated.

4. Stefan says:

Thanks again for these mega Raw packs Carl, very generous!

I had to see what 1547 would look like at x1.5 so I hope the attached section from the centre is not too big. Probably not the ideal candidate for enlargement with many drooping cables etc to produce jaggies, but allowing for that it’s still a nice result I think. I used your capture setting but with SPP sharpness at -2.0… I have to agree this gives the best result and really restores the Foveon look that I had been missing from many of the samples I have seen so far. I used Topaz InFocus for the pp using de-blur and micro contrast adjustment, adding sharpness was tempting and looked good in places but exagerated the jaggies too much. The micro contrast really helped bring out the textures which is one of the things I really like about the Foveon look.

5. Stefan says:

…it looks like the attachment was too big (700KB, 1204(w)x2200(l)) so I’ll try a bit smaller…

6. Stefan says:

…nope, try again…

7. Stefan says:

…apologies – eventually realized it was the Firefox noscript plugin!

BTW I hate to be the one to point it out (again, sorry!) but I see a very slight sign of those pesky lines (in the sky). I see you used the v1.0 firmware so perhaps the new firmware would help with this?

• yea, maybe firmware issue. But I do think it’s a SPP issue / the embedded jpeg don’t show any lines, never did either. So.. Maybe when Raw Developer is out we will know for sure.

8. LionelB says:

The shopping centre shot is very slow (0.5 seconds) and it was brave to tackle the very difficult lighting. I applied fluorescent WB and made some minor adjustments. With textures, for me the chrome looks like chrome effect plastic and the brick looks like printed paper with a brick design. (Maybe true of course …)
    With your head I get purple fringing on the left, green fringing on the right. With your feet, green fringing on the left, purple fringing on the right. (?) Sharpness is -0.9.
    Not criticising, just exploring and trying to find out — and thank you so much for giving us this opportunity to do that.
    I suspect any issues are with lenses and in particular SPP5 rather than the SD1 — plus nobody said the SD1 is great indoors anyway.

9. LionelB says:

Vivid is not something I would normally ever choose but sometimes extreme is good. This is also sharp and has loads of fill. Not the standard mixture.

10. Matthias says:

My 16:9 framing:

11. Minh says:

My process:

12. Minh says:

Try again:

13. Minh says:

I dont know why i cant post my process, pls watch it on my flickr :(

14. Minh says:

Really sorry Rytterfalk for the missing information, i have just took it out my flick.
    Thanks for your post!

15. Pingback: Sigma SD1 RAWs for your pleasure on X3 magazine

16. Pingback: Prova della Sigma SD-1 | Altroformato, notizie di fotografia digitale e affini