Say hi to Bengt Werner..

I’m now opening my site to more photographers – especially those of you that loves photos taken with a layered sensor. Now, the first photographer to enter my stage is Bengt Werner. Bengt who’s been taking pictures since his 13th birthday, now years later at the age of 58 he entered the digital era with a Nikon D80 not counting numerous point and shoot cameras such his Sony R1 and Olympus mu300.. Four years ago, after visiting – ehrm, my site he decided to invest in the world of Sigma – today he’s been exhibited in  a lot of places and his work is highly regarded – especially those images of abandoned houses.

Now, this post is written by me, but it will look like it’s written by bengt, mostly because this is a very first “outsider” post and I’m curious on how it will look. :)

[singlepic id=13 w=480 h= float=]

[nggallery id=2]

About Bengt Werner

Hi I am an photografer from Gothenburg with passion for nature and shunted houses. I have used camera since I was 13 years old. I like the way Sigma with Foveon sensor create pictures.
This entry was posted in All. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Say hi to Bengt Werner..

1. Charlie McNulty says:

Hi Bengt. Great work. When I see photos like these I want to run outside and use my Sigma DP2s. Thanks for sharing these.

Charlie McNulty
    Ventura, CA USA

2. Steven says:

I like the way you capture the light Bengt.

3. Jason Zheng says:

Love the bridge in the fog photo.
    Carl, when I first read your introduction of Bengt, it sounded like his first camera was a D80 when he was 13. I was thinking this guy is young!

… Bengt who has been taking pictures since his 13th birthday first entered the digital era with a Nikon D80…

4. Ricky says:

unique, wow

5. Robin says:

I should say Hi to you, Bengt: Hi! :D

Nice start of this new photographer-series! Important to see that there are more guys than Carl, taking great images with Sigma – for years before SD1 aera. ;)

6. John Damon says:

Bengt, you really take stunning images! Great work and beautiful colors!

7. Mano says:

Great imagery, but I wonder how much of it is due to the Foveon rather than the post-process (HDR?).

8. Stills says:

Breathtaking images here Bengt. As Charlie said, these images certainly inspire me to get out there today with my DP2s.

Apologies if I overlooked this in the post, but can I ask which Sigma you used? Some look like the ‘normal’ DP2 perspective, while others look a little more DP1-like wide. Of course, this leaves open the very real possibility that you’ve employed an SDxx to arrive at these divine images.

Once again, thank you for sharing your photos and your inspiration.

9. Pingback: Anyone have opinions on the GX200

10. Jim Roelofs says:

My appreciation of your work makes me want to say hi too. Nice work, Bengt. Looking forward to more of the same.

Hello to Carl again as well.

Sincerest regards, Jim Roelofs