Problems with site..

For the moment I’m really angry at the latest wordpress update – nr 3.0.5 which created a mess for me. Images don’t show as they should – comments look bad and I don’t get an email telling me about your comment! aaa..  But the WordPress team says there will be a fix. Sorry for the inconvenience.

This entry was posted in All. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Problems with site..

1. Clive says:

Don’t worry too much, Carl — software is sometimes like this.

I hope they get it fixed soon for you.

2. 古悠行者 says:

If it’s not broken, never upgrade!
    Those wp upgrades might incompatible with your plug-ins.

3. Dave says:

古悠行者,

That’s just asking for security issues, though. Who would want spam injected into the site, or worse, data deleted?

4. Me too :( WP is bugged on my blog many plug-ins are screwed now. I really think I will quit Word Press !

5. 古悠行者,
    Dave,
    As Dave Said – it’s all about security – and to my knowledge this is perhaps the first problematic update I’ve had in many years using wordpress. If I don’t upgrade then I might open up to God knows what.

6. Bob van Ooik says:

Well 3.1 is just around the corner and should not have the problems… But you are running a theme that was designed with a version of WP from the long past in mind. And not to forget a theme that, for those days, had a lot of hacks in it. Sooner or later something was bound to break. You might want to start thinking about a redesign, or a better term would be re-align :)

7. pedro says:

We had problems too. Now after disabling two plugins (lightbox plus and wp-typography) everthing seems to be okay again.
    Carl, perhaps you have installed these plugs too and this tip will help.

Pedro

8. Clive:
    Don’t worry too much, Carl — software is sometimes like this.I hope they get it fixed soon for you.

Thanks Clive. :)

9. Bob van Ooik says:

No need of course to upgrade, don’t fix what ain’t broke ;) I think Pedro’s tip is a good one. Often one of the plug-ins is making most of the trouble. Temporarily disabling them might help.

10. Bob van Ooik says:

mmm… spreading like a virus… x3magazine.com seems to be down too. server error, no idea what is causing it :(