Even more impossible detail revealed!

I really can’t wait for the SD1.. Can you?

Btw, my facial expressions isn’t in sync with what is going on in the video – I was eager to make this video and get it OUT as it would make some of you see the light. But my computer was acting like a baby and crunching data a little too often and the teddy shot is truly impossible. That shot is one of the reasons for my computer to — almost die.

This entry was posted in 50mm 2.8, Adobe Lightroom, ISO50, Movie, Sigma Photo Pro, Sigma SD1, Sigma SD14 and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Even more impossible detail revealed!

1. Britton says:

Nice one Carl. Thanks for coming clean in the tags ;)

2. Anders Bjørn says:

I like what I see…. (;

3. sinitar says:

Try some outdoor wide angle shots!!!
    I wonder if those wide angle lenses can fully use this magic sensor.

4. Lauro says:

24x16mm sensor with medium format quality. Bayer Interpolation Exposed
    Foveon is the real deal

5. ChuckL says:

I want one! … I want one! … I WANT one!!

6. petr says:

The video revealed SD14 or 15 shape on the tripod. You are masturbating over stitched photos in Photoshop, aren´t you?:)

7. Pingback: Anonymous

8. oh! says:

can’t wait tooo!

9. Greg says:

strange format, it’s not 2/3…and it’s not for sure SD1 ;-)

Have you merged images? tell us the truth Carl!

10. Gert Petersen says:

Hello Rytterfalk !
    I am more than impressed ! When can I by such a fantastic camera?

11. Richard says:

Well, if this is photo stitching, Carl doesn’t have a real panoramic head in the video. Of course, he could still stitch photos, but what bugs me is the teddy bear, which seems very far from the camera at the beginning of the video. I am a bit surprised to see it so closely at the end, considering it was shot with a 50mm lens. Even with a SD1, that would have required a bigger zoom, don’t you think?

I don’t know what game Carl is playing, but I am starting to believe that he is making fun of us… ;-)

12. Matthias says:

Hmmm
    [img]http://www.rytterfalk.com/wp-content/SDx.jpg[/img]

13. Mauersegler says:

tsts Carl!
    I am with Petr. I recognize the shape of my SD14. You are teasing us, how cruel. ;-)

14. uri c says:

carl hello

if it;s the SD1 why the camera is blured is this the real sd1 or it’s a couple of images stich ?

tell us ..

15. Richard says:

Now Matthias is sowing doubts in my mind, because the camera body of his picture does not look like my SD14, but does not look like the SD1 either… but seems closer to the SD1 anyway.

Grrrr, cruel Carl!

But at the end, if the videos Carl are posting are really showing SD1 performances, man, I can’t imagine the fun I am going to have with the beast. I think I will sleep at the store entrance the day Sigma releases it!

16. Ricky says:

life’s too short for secrets ;), so, guys, I reveal you: it’s the Sigma SD1, and that’s incredible..Details? That’s film! As aside, I don’t like something, some old “foveon feeling”, I don’t know. However that’s my bet: it’s SD1 ;)

17. PeterG says:

[img]http://www.rytterfalk.com/wp-content/sd.JPG[/img]

This does not look like the official SD1… could this be a prototype or is Carl winding us all up?

18. Isiah says:

It is my opinion that the image is real… it is the sensor from the SD1 put in a prototype body.

The image looks wider because that is one of the different image dimensions available to shoot in.

The screen on the back of the SD1 matches the wider image dimensions that you can use with the SD1… See the attached image of the SD1… the back screen matches those dimensions. Also see the second attached photo of the woman from Photokina. Do you see how much wider horizontally the picture is?

[img]http://www.rytterfalk.com/wp-content/SD1 Back.jpeg[/img]
    [img]http://www.rytterfalk.com/wp-content/Screen shot 2010-12-04 at 8.07.43 PM.png[/img]

19. Ricky says:

“The Teddy-shot is actually about 170MP”
    So, lost bet: I hate you Carl! :)

20. Ricky: “The Teddy-shot is actually about 170MP”
    So, lost bet: I hate you Carl! :)

:) I will create a “behind the scene” movie.. Just have to make sure I didn’t sign the wrong NDA’s first..

21. Anders Bjørn says:

Good to see a comment from you Carl!

“NDA” – as in Non-disclosure agreement?.. Nevermind :)
    For me, there’s no doubt anymore – it is the SD1!

Can’t wait to see more! (;

It’s gonna be my best camera…..

22. Mark Alan Thomas says:

23. Jürgen Krüger says:

Oh Mark,
    I’m shure the wise engeneers of Sigma (and the chairman too) have decided to implement DNG!
    They decides also to implement a function to put all camera settings into a file on your PC which can be read in by your camera. So You need no strange menues and at least You can have the freedom of Your own filenames (not thhis ugly SDIM… shit).
    Uuuups, I think this is a dream (and remenber of all this patents of other companies ….) :-)
    But it will be a very good camera – this SD1!

24. Isiah says:

Hahahahahahahahahaa

Once again…. Thank You!! Hhahahaha

25. Mark Alan Thomas: So here’s what I’m wondering: The files already work in Lightroom? What does this mean? That you’re shooting JPEG? That the SD1 shoots DNG? Curious.

Hi Mark, I didn’t want to be rude by not answering but I was making the last video with answers and the whole thing was developed in SPP and later put together using Photoshop and then imported in Lightroom. The rest is history. :)

26. Leonardo says:

I love you Carl Rytterfalk, you are so smart and tricky.

27. Pingback: Photos de rue au Sigma DP2 » Photographe Bretagne - Jacques Pavillon Photographie