My desk, DP1x shot(s)

Dp1x pano
Open full size version (not extremely big, but bigger and very detailed).

About the desk. I always wanted something bigger that we could use, both of us at the same time. The solution that I now settled with, as you see on the picture is a massive oak thingi on top, custom sized at 200 x 70cm, I bought it “raw” so I had to work quite a bit with it in order to make it nice – using sand paper and oil. :) Underneath there are two metall bars screwed from side to side so that the wood stays straight. Legs are bought at IKEA, massive un-prepared things that I had to paint using an oil mixed with white color semi-transparent mixture. Very cool I think. :)

My own chair is VERY comfy but really unpractical. I must change to something so that I can do more than just watch the screen. It’s way to low and writing this text isn’t as comfortable as I would like it to be. Also, my walls are a bit too white – need to print some shots and hang there. Wait for SD1? :D

Anyways – A final word from my DP1x work – I love it! It’s a really really nice little camera – and it handles mixed light much better than the original DP1, shot above uses all light sources possible, 2s exposures.  Slightly over exposed at some places but that’s hard to avoid without shooting HDR.

This entry was posted in Full size, Sigma DP1, Sigma Photo Pro and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to My desk, DP1x shot(s)

1. Ricky says:

lovely place. is your wife always working (ps: example, “raining today, made a movie”) ? ;)

2. Ricky, yeah, she works most of the time. She’s both studying and working as a language teacher – so lots of that. It’s really nice to sit on the opposite side and watch her whenever I want! :D

3. Myga says:

Nice. I see that You have found the missing screw from the 303sph :)

4. Len says:

Carl,could you summarize what you find to be IQ improvements (or degradation) in the DP1x, vs. the DP1? I thought the ‘x’ was only prehaps improving functionality but not intended to change the image quality. Seems you have found otherwise? Many thanks.

5. Hi Len, well.. The processor that handles all the sensors superraw data is of a later version iside the DP1x and it’s also the same sensor found inside DP2 and SD15. It’s called True2 and to make a long story short – my thought about it is positive – it’s creates beautiful JPEG’s and truer colors BUT with the side effect that some dynamic range is lost in the process. This is something that Sigma might be able to take care of but that’s the only real downside I found so far.

SD14, DP1, DP1s have all the older TRUE engine and have slightly more dynamic range but colors are trickier and perhaps not as true – but I must add that even if those colors are not perfect they’re still beautiful! :D Some people would suggest that they’re more foveon like – which basically means, nicer or more interesting. It’s like using another film in the old days.

I hope this helps some.

6. Anonymous says:

Myga!

Myga: Nice. I see that You have found the missing screw from the 303sph :)

I didn’t but I made one myself. :) wohoo..

7. Anonymous says:

Yes, it helps. I’ve been using DP1 for a while, just wondering about the DP1x and its changes…Thanks!

8. Len says:

Hmm, well the above was from ‘Len’.