Online shop photography..

ramar, size

Today I’ve been very busy taking pictures like the ones above – my dear mother paints for a living and sells reproductions in a huge amount of different frames, and sizes. She has an online store today but the images there is un-buyable and I decided to help her out and make it a little bit more welcoming. The empty frames could be filled with whatever selected art in the online store (at least that’s my thinking – that’s my next headache)..

Sigma SD14 – Sigma 70mm and Sigma 530 strobe.

This entry was posted in 70mm, Flash, Sigma Photo Pro, Sigma SD14, Studio and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Online shop photography..

1. Anonymous says:

the cow standing belly up and drinking coffee is sooo cute!!! :)) you’ve got very creative family!

2. Anonymous says:

Could you put the images on top of the frames and then adjust the perspective with html5 canvas?

3. I’m currently preparing the images so that the art-image will be put behind the frame, frame will be PNG and transparant / semi transparant shadows etc so that it will look good. All frames has the same angle so most images will likely look good if I prepare them right. Will have a closer look at what HTML5 has to offer. :) Thanks.

4. Bob van Ooik says:

What webshop technology are you planning to use?

5. Hi Bob, well, i’m mostly familier using wordpress so wp-commerce or maybe stay with what she uses today which is OS-Commerce. Both are free and pretty customizable. But I’d like to have something that is supersimple, doesn’t have to be free. I want as few clicks as possible, if you know anything really great, then tell me! :)

6. Bob van Ooik says:

I am looking for something similar at the moment. We need to open a shop too. osCommerce did not look too elegant and I don’t feel like learning a new system… But all seems pretty complex, that ecommerce stuff. Now I’m also checking out Expression Engine as a CMS, not free but looks more sophisticated, at least the resulting sites I’ve seen till now. Digging and digging…

7. Bob, keep me updated.. :) Right now just editing those frames – it’s quite a job considering that all of them need to look the same and with the whole in the frame with a realistic shadow and all.. :) Soon done half..
    [img]http://www.rytterfalk.com/wp-content/Screen shot 2010-10-30 at 16.20.58.png[/img]
    [img]http://www.rytterfalk.com/wp-content/Screen shot 2010-10-30 at 16.23.36.png[/img]

8. Ricky says:

somebody deep in the field told me about Magento as his favourit e-commerce solution, it should NOT be easy, but very powerful, professional and flexibile. The professional edition costs 3000 bucks, but the community edition is free.

9. clive says:

Bob, you may want to look at CartThrob for EE – about to be released for EE2: http://devot-ee.com/add-ons/cartthrob/

Carl, a very nice idea to make this for your mom. Be sure as you do the framing idea to look carefully at what you need so that MSIE browsers will actually make the transparency for PNG. It looks ugly in code but is not hard, and it is necessary.

I would say that HTML5 is a nice future someday maybe, but not something ordinary people can use now – hence not for a sales site…it’s the hard case that for this you need to support MSIE, and in fact still back to MSIE 6…

Best,
    Clive

10. Hi Ricky, community edition? :) I wonder where they draw the line. It’s a pretty slick solution though, lots of integration with stuff you might want as a seller – but it has to be easy and I’d love to be able to use WordPress.

11. Hi Clive, you have some wise thoughts! :) I’d love everything or at least most of the important things to work for everyone. Perhaps have some slicker parts for people with later browsers but still it should work out ok for everyone.

12. Ahh.. I have a few left..
    [img]http://www.rytterfalk.com/wp-content/Screen shot 2010-10-31 at 16.10.45.png[/img]

13. 博主的博客写的很不错额 学习了 谢谢