Raining today, made a movie! :D

Yesterday I created this rig that I’ve been thinking about making for a while – I wanted to find a way to sort of record myself when taking pictures and yesterday my blurry vision came true and I built my “self recorder rig”.

Today was the day when I planned to use it, live in Gothenburg – shooting people, trams and dogs in the park – you know making a review of the SD15 (and even some lenses with that) but rain isn’t the best of friends especially when my iPhone will be the recorder hanging in mid air.. So, until better days enjoy above.

This entry was posted in 17-50 2.8 OS, iPhone, Sigma Photo Pro, Sigma SD15 and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Raining today, made a movie! :D

1. Lemuel Ragasa says:

hi carl,

interesting!!!

can you show us the self recorder rig? very much interested to see it..

2. chunsum says:

I want this rig.

3. adrian says:

awesome! :)

4. Ricky says:

“The photographer short film”: marvelous!

5. John says:

This is great – maybe more reviewers will pickup on your iPhone viewfinder technique.

6. John, yeah, but then we all know who was first! Perhaps I should get some sort of patent before it’s too late!? :D

7. Chris Moisidis says:

Can you post pictures of the rig you made. I think the video looked very original in terms of technique so congratulations. I really liked the way it looks when looking back at you and the camera.

Chris

8. Pawel says:

a question not related to the post really… I noticed you use 17-50mm a lot. is it better then 18-50mm 2.8? OS would make it worth having but what about sharpness? cheers.

9. Oskar says:

Hi, the youtube says 17-70 and the site says 17-50…
    Which did you use? :)

10. Pawel, well it has OS and I kind of wanted that badly due to lack of great high ISO capability in Sigma cameras – I’m trying to decide which one to use daytime and I’m not totally convinced that 17-50 OS is “better” than the 18-50 2.8 which I think is really a great lens. But I need to use it more in order to have anything useful to say.

11. Oskar – Fixed! :D Thanks.. Too many numbers.

12. sinitar says:

Carl Rytterfalk: Pawel, well it has OS and I kind of wanted that badly due to lack of great high ISO capability in Sigma cameras – I’m trying to decide which one to use daytime and I’m not totally convinced that 17-50 OS is “better” than the 18-50 2.8 which I think is really a great lens. But I need to use it more in order to have anything useful to say.

According to some reviews, the 17-50 OS has very impressive resolution in the center and good resolution in the boarder when stopped down a little. I would definitely use the os version because of sigma’s high ISO IQ you mentioned.

13. Norm says:

Carl, you never cease to amaze me with your ingenuity. This works very well. Love the result.