Air text using iPhone

I really have a tough time getting a place to stay in Cologne / Köln (The whole city is packed with people – every corner seams to be taken. aaaaa)  so in my misery I found two ways to air paint text using my iphone.

SDIM1264.jpg SDIM1283.jpg

The first way was inspired by a story run on IDG.se were some french guys (I think) painted 3D models using their iPad – it looked cool and I though that I could do something myself but a bit simplified. First I searched for a suitable font which I cut into pieces – I then saved each piece as a picture and I made a slideshow out of them. I saved as a movie, exported to my iphone and put my DP2 on 15s and swiped the phone infront with a nice speed. So the R in Rytterfalk is really three pieces of JPG files, the middle part showed twice as it’s thick.

The I wanted to go further and developed my idea a little.. :

SDIM1302.jpg

By making a long text and then pan it behind a tiny letter box hole I managed to make any text or picture come out like the picture above. Dp2 used for all shots.

Two videos for those who want to try!

Good luck! :)

This entry was posted in All, Movie, Sigma DP2, Sigma Photo Pro and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Air text using iPhone

1. Bob van Ooik says:

when do plan to arrive in Cologne? And by car or train?

2. Bob van Ooik says:

oh, and are you coming alone or bringing your wife?

3. Hi Bob, I’m sort of trying to get a place to stay still.. Everything seams to be fully booked since the last two-three weeks and there is lots of active couch-surfers among the Photokina visitors. I will come by myself. Sleeping in car is a possibility but I would prefer not to. ;)

4. Matthias says:

Hi Carl,

If it is not to far from Cologne you are Welcome to stay in my House in Mülheim an der Ruhr. Just let me know.

5. Hi Matthias! Would you mind letting me know your email? :) H

6. Matthias says:

Carl Rytterfalk: Hi Matthias! Would you mind letting me know your email? :) H

You have mail

7. Filipe Morais says:

Hey carl. i can’t see the videos… “this is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accept the sender’s friend request.”

8. Filipe – I’m so sorry I didn’t realize that before now! Fixed!!

9. 大白 says:

也去做一段视频去。。太酷了。这个

10. hi 大白, 请告诉我! :)

11. Ben says:

here’s the original iPad painting animation video – two London ad agencies showing off – pretty stunning

12. Ben, yes, That’s the one! :) Thanks!