Jewelry photography day 2.

ringtest1

Alright, it’s not really day two, but at least it’s first shot! I dealed a little with it in Photoshop and will play more with reflections to get the right feel (but not in Photoshop, but on the set). What do you think? It’s ISO50. I think I will get more black in the corners of the ring, like a black frame somehow. Also it’s a little too tilted. :) But that’s not the important part right now.

Right now, I only play with fake rings – will get the real stuff when it’s time for the real deal. About 200 of them.

Light from above, two paper reflectors on the side. Elinchrom Quadra. Sigma SD15, Sigma 70mm.

This entry was posted in 70mm, Adobe Lightroom, Flash, ISO50, Sigma SD15, Studio and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Jewelry photography day 2.

1. Pingback: Jewelry photography. Day 1. | Carl Rytterfalk Fotografi

2. Scott Greiff says:

Looks fabulous. I like how the black works. I’m wondering how a little more DOF would look.

3. The workflow.

Starting image – before retouch.
    [img]http://www.rytterfalk.com/wp-content/Screen shot 2010-08-23 at 19.47.06.jpg[/img]

Fist simple adjustments in LR3. With the “real deal” I will use SPP and then adjust using LR and PS.
    [img]http://www.rytterfalk.com/wp-content/Screen shot 2010-08-23 at 19.46.38.jpg[/img]

And then the last part on PS5 as you see above in post.

4. Pingback: Jewelry photography, Day three.. | Carl Rytterfalk Fotografi

5. Sa`d says:

Gorgeous. I tried it once and its really hard work getting a decent reflection

Check this out…you might be interested

Denmark, so its close to you and its a lot of pics

6. uri c says:

so carl

i see you got the sd15.

i am thinking to sell my fear canon 7d,24-105L,ef300f4L , 70-200F4IS ,canon 1.4 extender.

and go for this setup what do you think about that and when you will get a review about the sd15. i took it for an hour of a test drive so a cant get a real feel about what change from the sd14.

1. 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM
    2. 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG APOMacro HSM II
    3. 1.4X Teleconverter EX APO DG
    4. 300mm F2.8 EX APO DG HSM
    5. sigma SD15 + 2 battery
    6. 2* 8gb sd ultra

7. 周祎德 says:

就像是用电脑渲染的呵呵。好像入一个Sd15

8. Isiah says:

Did you reverse the image? The writing in the ring looks backwards?

9. Salim Ahmed says:

The jewelry is fantastic and the photography is best one.

10. Is your ring original? Your jewelry is fascinating; I’m loving this post as well:) Order custom writing services when you feel so embarrassed with your writings!