One bridge, two shots..

One bridge, two developmentsOne bridge, two developments

Those fire shots from a couple of days ago made me wanna try SPP 3.3 again and I realize that I should try it much more in the future. Above shots are developed using SPP33 too even though I’m not sure it would differ that much from SPP4.1..

It’s also interesting to note that it’s the same light – well, more or less the same exposure too just a few minutes apart but I played differently with white balance in SPP. Which do you prefer?

Lots of new shots taken mostly with DP2 at my China 2010 set at flickr.

This entry was posted in Full size, Sigma DP2, Sigma Photo Pro and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to One bridge, two shots..

1. Bill C says:

Carl,

Interesting shots, but irrespective of wb/color I prefer #1 because it is a gorgeous composition first and foremost. It just so happens I do rather prefer the colors of it as well, although I know it may not be so accurate to the scene (but then it may be, not like I was there!).

As always thanks for sharing you photos.

-Bill C (Austin, TX)

2. soelin says:

I prefer the first one. The reflection of the bridge’s lights made the first picture more appealing. If the second pic had the same composition, I think it would have been harder to select which is better in terms of colors and light.

3. Fairul says:

Ok Carl, now i’m jealous. u are using the same exact camera as i am, but still your pic are light years away better than mine..

it.. it.. it isn’t fair!! huhu

*sob..sob.. i need to cry now*

4. chelismonasterio says:

hi carl,rally incredible shoots!!wich iso level did you use?
    in other way,I`ve got a question to you about copies in paper of a foveon shoot.I`ve never make a big paper copy of my sd14 shootings.does it works like a 14 mpx or like a 4.4mpx(talking about size and quality of the photo)?I`d like to make copies of 60×50 or higher.do you think its possible?thank you very much carl

5. niklas johansson says:

awsome shots dude they are great

6. Luca says:

I prefer the first one,but I don’t know why…when are you coming home ? Just to know…
    Bye
    Luca

7. Manuel DF says:

soelin: If the second pic had the same composition, I think it would have been harder to select which is better in terms of colors and light.

Thats exactly my opinion. I can’t distinguish if it’s the position or the converter, but whatever swims in this river looks way better in the first picure. It shimmers like gold (and I’m sure it is something completely different…).

Regards, Manuel