Schillerska and Lars

A session from the other day at Schillerska Gymnasium in Göteborg. The shot of Lars has been manipulated with the black and white tool in CS5. Btw, Photoshop CS5 rocks! :D In case you didn’t know.

PS. It’s been a hectic week and I have LOADS of images to process from weddings and groups etc.. And as I am who I am I have this obsession that some images just HAVE to be processed using ALL developers available before deciding on what to give my customer. (SPP3.3, 4, Silkypix, Raw Developer, PS CS5 and LR3). That’s pretty stupid really. Oh, and did I mention that CS5 has some really cool features that I just have to play with, on almost every single shot I open? Stupid stupid Adobe. I hate “content aware” anything..

I also dislike people writing comments using the iPad. I would start liking it though if someone would send me one. :D

Lars och hans eleverLars och hans elever

This entry was posted in Sigma Photo Pro, Sigma SD14. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Schillerska and Lars

1. Brian says:

Hi Carl. I especially like the black and white of these photos. Have you come up with a work around for the black and white for pro photo 4? I have a new DP2s partly because of your site. I am struggling some with the auto focus in low contrast situations but it is really not that bad on this model. I think it is more about adapting to the camera which is slower and more thoughtful. To me it seems like a great small camera.

2. Ted Johnson says:

Carl,

These Schillerska have got to stop! They drive me insane with envy. ;)

Brian,

Be patient with the DP2s. It is a great camera: in fact the only one I’m using right now. SPP is not bad with B&W. I have a photo here as an example: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tedmna/4574853448/ SPP had the best B&W treatment vs. Raw Developer and Lightroom.

3. Carl, I’m sorry but I couldn’t resist writing a comment with my iPad! It really is a blast and am excited to see some really neat things photography wise for it. But this is not why I’m writing. Wanted to comment on how great your b&w’s look. You have got this process nailed! Keep them coming! William Bowersox (Andy)

4. Rafael says:

His skin tone is awesome! It looks like a film shot and the way you managed contrast and tones is just beautiful! : )

5. Hi Brian, Black and white using SPP4 is OK if it’s not too high ISO – as ISO goes up, so does ugly noise reduction. So if above ISO400 then I’d use SPP3.3, RD or Silkypix. Sigma Photo Pro 3.3 gives more grain but also has a very cool contrast that none of the others can achieve. Hard to explain.

DP2. I hardly ever use AF with mine, why don’t you get used to MF and Magnified MF – that way you will always be in focus. :)

6. Carl Rytterfalk says:

Ted, that’s a good example of how foveon monochrome looks. Did you use SPP4?

7. Carl Rytterfalk says:

William and Rafael – thanks! :) The Foveon delivers truly magical colors but monochrome is still in a different league – I just love it! too..

William, Now you need to send me yours as punishment!! :D (ipad)

8. raouf says:

A little message from France,

Sorry for my English.So, I use to follow your site and how amazing are the pictures from your cameras. I think I will join the Foveon team as soon as possible. There are some great deals. I’ll certainly buy a DP1s. I will use it mainly for landscapes, streets and in bars…it so tiny and I don’t want to carry my DSLR.
    So, merci pour les photos.

A bientôt

9. Bob van Ooik says:

Oops, I wanted to write a comment, that I like the shots and such… But i’m on an iPad… Too bad :)

10. Ricky says: