Older versions of Sigma Photo Pro Mac / PC

Alright folks, some of you prefer to use older versions of Sigma Photo Pro, and I might add that I saved 3.3 for my monochrome work as well. And I’m not super friend with new higher ISO-messy-noise reduction so It might be a good idea good to have both versions installed.

Sigma Photo Pro 2.5 | PC
Sigma Photo Pro 3.5.2 | PC
Sigma Photo Pro 3.3 | Mac
Sigma Photo Pro 4.0 or later PC and Mac

Arvo Jägel has created a Sigma related hub with lots of useful information. Also, if someone has the old SPP 2.x for Mac around, please send me a message! Thanks.

This entry was posted in All, Sigma Photo Pro. Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Older versions of Sigma Photo Pro Mac / PC

1. Pingback: Blomsternatt | Foto og video kunst

2. Pingback: Older versions of Sigma Photo Pro Mac / PC - Sigma - Bilderforum.de

3. Kuang Fenglei says:

Someone noticed that SPP 2.5 has better performance at the high-light recover. However, I found that the SPP 2.5 might lost some information of high-light when I dealt with blue LED.
    BTW, is there any way to control the over-exposure caused by the yellow color at iso 50 of Dp1s.

4. Borislav says:

I was searching all the way around to get 3.5.2 for monochrome!
    Thanks!

5. Pingback: Sigma auf dem MAC Newbie - Sigma - Bilderforum.de

6. Karl,
    Thanks for posting those. A question: are there any issues with the Application Support or .plist files when having both 3.3 and 4.x installed? Any conflicts?

7. Pingback: RAW-Prozessing mit SPP4.2 problematisch?? - Sigma - Bilderforum.de

8. Hi Robert, no. No issues that I’ve noticed.
    Update: Yes, I noticed that they CAN at times use each others development engines and give strange results as a result. See my post about it:

9. Pingback: DP1x highlight issue.. Fixable! | Carl Rytterfalk Fotografi

10. Pingback: Sd9 iso400 & spp 4.2 - Sigma - Bilderforum.de

11. Pingback: Sigma PhotoPro 2.3 gesucht - Sigma - Bilderforum.de

12. soundoptics says:

Hello Carl

I am really appreciate your inspired photo samples, tutorials and views on Sigma photo equipment and photography in general on this blog and on youtube.

I have been looking for a “proper” digital camera since about 2003. I have been using film (since 1976) with Canon, Pentax, Contax/Zeiss, Hasselblad/Zeiss and almost only Konica Hexar AF the last few years.

I know about the DP series since their introduction, but thought that the price was too high. Suddenly the DP2 (without suffix s or x) appeared in a package with an ok bag + the external flash + extra battery and 8GB SDHC on Cyberphoto for 4000SEK. I bought the camera a few days ago. I was much prepared for the shortcomings and quirks of this machine but also had high expectations for good results! I did a few snaps yesterday and I think that both aspects are present:-) I have to get a separate viewfinder too (probably the Voigtländer one).

I have no previous experience with “raw” before but many many hours in the chemical B&W darkroom. I liked the first session of doing DP2 raws in SPP 4.2, but I have to re-study our advice on doing B&W.

Is the 3.52 version that you have here the proper one to get the better B&W conversion capabilities that you say are lacking in the later versions?

• Carl Rytterfalk says:

Hi soundoptics, I’m sure you will eventually love the result from your dp2 but it might take a bit of time to think “raw” and also to know your limitations. The old version of SPP applies much less noise reduction – it also gives you worse colors – but using it as a monochrome developer is what’s left and that’s also where it shines! The proper monochrome is achieved by using that monochrome WB setting – and I guess the rest is a matter of sliding. :)

Please share a shot that you have questions about ipand it would be easier for me to perhaps suggest a few thinks – if needed.

Btw, that was a really good price you got! You don’t live close to Gbg? If, then we could meet and i’d help you out..

13. Pingback: wieder zwei Foveon Polaroid X530 in der Bucht! - Sigma - Bilderforum.de

14. Pingback: Polaroid X530 - Sigma - Seite 3 - Bilderforum.de

15. Guido says:

Hi,
    did you find a 2.x Mac Version right now?
    I did see/download a 2.1 Mac-version (.sit) at the URL
    additionally there is a 2.1 version for pc (.exe and .zip)
    Thanks for the 2.5 version for pc :)

16. Pingback: Spp 5.0 - Sigma - Seite 5 - Bilderforum.de

17. Pingback: Anonymous

18. Jakob says:

you might just have saved my day!

Thanks a lot!

19. ff says:

Hello, a question:

Shall i install SPP 4.2 or 5.x for my “new” Sigma SD14?

Thanks so much!

• Ricky says:

With the SD14 the results are equal, I use the 4th but sometimes it freezes and the 5th could be more stable or not.

20. Anonymous says:

I would like to try 3.5 for B/W with my DP1s and Dp2x but have version 4 on at the mo (I also have a SD15 and SD10). I obtained the newer version SPP 5.1 but I hated it as it is too dark to see the buttons etc so went back to 4.2

However, it would not let me have BOTH installed. ie I had to uninstall 4.2 before installing the latest and then had to uninstall that to go back. Is there away to have multi-versions of SPP on the same PC?

21. Sandboxie says:

“Is there away to have multi-versions of SPP on the same PC?”

Yes, you can.
    If you install it Sandboxed with Sandboxie (http://www.sandboxie.com/) then you can use Profiles to install different Versions.
    Sandboxie is free.

22. Pingback: Jetzt habe ich auch eine SD-9..... (Landschaften & Natur) - Bilderforum.de

23. Pingback: Erste Gehversuche mit SD9 (Blumen & Pflanzen) - Bilderforum.de