Suing Sigma over eye damage! [UPDATE]

Strong, per pixel contrast and colors has damaged my eyesight and possibly even my brain as I have a problem looking at images from other, far superior cameras without satisfactory. And I was told by my lawyers to press charges against the Sigma company as they’re the owner of the Foveon company and should be held accountable for not only me, but anyone who accidentally visited my blog.

I deeply regret having so many dangerous pictures visible. We are talking about making this a group-case. Want to join?  In order to make it easier for future cases we now call this Lex-Rytterfalk. It’s not my fault if your sight has been damaged too! Is it?

Also, I just came home from a very busy day. Sold all my current Sigma gear to a store in Göteborg with a big orange warning (Sigma should have done that a long time ago). After signing all items with my name (with a nice golden color) I left the store with around $10000 and I’m now considering getting myself something else, something with one of those blur filters infront of the sensor. Canon? Nikon? What would you recommend?

UPDATE! Today I realized that I was a victim of 1st of April fools day! My silly doctor who told me I had bad eyesight, now says my eyes are just fine! aaa! Never trust your doctors! I went back to the store and got back ALL my gear! :D YES!!

This entry was posted in All. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Suing Sigma over eye damage! [UPDATE]

1. Jeff R. says:

It’s April fools day! You didn’t fool me, Ha Ha!

2. Norm says:

Great idea Carl! It’ll make sure the other manufacturers continue along the same path they have always been on, feeling safe from your litigious ways :-)

Yup, they’ll keep on doing the same thing over and over, somehow expecting different results.

Thanks for the smile today.
    Norm

3. Johan B. says:

Don’t worry Carl, the eye damage isn’t permanent. I stopped wearing my prescription glasses only two weeks ago and I already have less preference for Foveon sharpness! I’m sure a few days with a pair of these CFA glasses will cure the color addiction too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Anaglyph_glasses.png

4. pedro penola says:

Yes I totally agree and will support you in court.

Wonder why noone was aware of sigma selling higly addictive stuff. In some parts of the world this is even under death penalty.

The same here: dreaming in colours all night and never satisfied anymore with just harmless still cameras.

It’s a crying shame, isn’t it?

pedro

5. pedro penola says:

… ehm and, for therapy: only shoot b/w for the next 24 months. That will calm your nerves. Perhaps you will survive then.

the best for reconvalescence

pedro

6. tcherpaq says:

Whether the end of your blog? buuuuuuuu

7. solsang says:

oh, i seriously first feared you had hurt yourself, nice one!
    (and i actually agree, sigma definately has changed my colour awareness:)

8. Very witty happy 1st of April.
    Pete

9. he he nice one Carl,

Best,

10. Alexandru says:

:) nice one!

11. pedro penola says:

It is even worse. Since I have used S…. I will always overdrive photos from other cams. It is a pity …

Look what S…. has done to me:

[img]http://www.rytterfalk.com/wp-content/tja.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://www.rytterfalk.com/wp-content/pfi.jpg[/img]

12. Jim Roelofs says:

April fools day or not, I think you need some serious meditation, or even medication or better still, a huge altercation. Shame on you, you april fool man!

PS. if the money side of things works out to be worth megabucks, put me down as a co-respondent, pretty please.

13. pedro says:

Don’t trust that doctor, I guess he is avid for your photos only.

14. Pedro Penola, stop that! It hurts! :O

15. pedro says:

Eh, off the track, what hurts? Overdriving photos? Or what?

16. haha, no, just joking about sharp shots. :)

17. pedro says:

It is so amusing to turn the pepper-mill. Isn’t it? ;)

18. Pedro Cotero says:

I’m definitely in love with my Sigma SD14, it’s superb! :)