Canon TS-E 24mm | 5D

OBS! These images has not been taken with a Sigma camera. :) (in case you didn’t notice)
They’re developed using Lightroom 3 beta 2.

Now, a tilt and shift lens has long been on the list of wanted stuff. And lucky for me my friend and fellow photographer Martin Carlsson went on vacation leaving his 5D M2 and TS-E 24mm with me. I’m currently trying to make friends with the lens – but I might add that’s easier than getting used to the 5D itself. I often find myself struggling with such a simple thing as changing aperture or switching back to RAW mode  after camera forced me to JPEG without telling me. :)  SD14 is soooo much simpler to use – much because there isn’t much you can do. hehe. (which in this case isn’t a bad thing)

Canon 5D TS test images Canon 5D TS test images
Above two shots are both taken by Linn! :D (and yes, that’s the 17-70 2,8-4 OS in my hands)

Canon 5D TS test images
Canon 5D TS test images
A true classic type of shot that just HAS to be taken. :D

Canon 5D TS test images
Another one that I until now only could do with some help from photoshop. Extremely satisfactory to be able to pull this off directly on the lens. Observe two things. Perspective is corrected and focus goes thru from front to end above pillows. Amazing really! I LOVE this!

Sigma, I know I tell you to do many things – but please consider making a lens like this one for ME!!!  (And Bob wants one too!)

This entry was posted in Sigma SD14 and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Canon TS-E 24mm | 5D

1. Bob van Ooik says:

Oh man, your beard is even longer than mine! :D

2. RJ says:

There some guy in the internet who converts sigma mount to canon mount with autofocus intact. Search the net.

3. Ulf says:

I’ve invested in a 5D Mark II as a second camera to my DP1;) I’ve found the 5D II user interface to be quite simple and easy to learn. Image quality is not Foveon on pixel level, but really pleasing over all.

4. Jon Winters says:

I’d buy Sigma tilt shift.

5. Scotsman says:

With only an SD14 myself I don’t know if I could get on with a tilt shift lens but I’d love to try one to find out. I’m thinking I might just have to try one of those lens babies with the pentax fitting some day in the future before sigma makes a tiltshift lens, but before I’d do that I will probably be after the fast 50 which i’ve been lusting for over a year and look to invest in the fast 85 and a SD15 before the lensbaby.

6. RJ says:

Sigma cum laude is the site that converts a sigma mount camera to a canon mount with the autofocus intact. So you can use a canon TS-E on a sigma SD14/15.

7. spalbird says:

Why don’t ask Canon to sell this lens with a Sigma-Fit? You know, electrically it will work without modifications…

…looking at the price I wonder how many Sigmanians could afford such a lens…

8. I could buy one and just re-mount it.. There’s many cheap Sigma lenses that I could slaughter. :D But I’m not prepared to pay a Canon price for it, it’s a not a perfect lens. You almost need live-view to focus it.