Linn shot using Quadra. :)

linn in kitchen at night.
This image (as the first black and white version) is shot with my Elinchome Quadra as main light. There is one detail in above photo that shows how it’s made. Do you know how and can you find the mistake?

This entry was posted in Full size, Sigma SD14. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Linn shot using Quadra. :)

1. Myga says:

There are few thing’s that are a bit odd in this photo.
    1. Strange sponge of light on the left table corner running through the notebook and giving Linn strange lighting aura (made with external light and long exposure) ? Same effect may be acquired by using the local adjustment tool in LR.
    2. A little ghosting (of Linn) in the back window that may suggest that she was not equally lit through the whole exposure.
    3. Linn’s head is lit by a light that is not in the photo.
    4. The direction of light that can be seen on Linn’s face (light to her right – and our left) does not apply to any other in the scene.
    5. I’m pretty sure that mac screen gives a way cooler light that is seen on that photo. (I may be wrong on that – I do not own a mac :P)

2. Philip says:

The plastic bag next to the laptop computer indicates that this is either a double-exposure or composite image.

Do I get a prize if that’s the right answer? A Sigma DP2 perhaps? :-)

3. Paul says:

Linn’s reflection is transparent and ghostly. We can see far too much of the reflected laptop screen.

4. You’re all almost correct. Filip nails it though. :)
    [img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2681/4400813226_d75512e2fa_o.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4013/4400047643_d6eff2da78_o.jpg[/img]

5. Myga says:

So I was right too :)

6. Iain says:

I had that one too. The reflection of the laptop gave it away. Nice image though.

7. Antonio says:

A little late but … there are two wires in the lamp. Good picture Carl.

8. Filip says: