Video from Schillerska.. (NEW, IMPROVED)

EDIT: You saw it? Please check it out again as it’s now much nicer looking, especially full screen” Make sure you have HD selected.

This video is made for Linn to show on her last day at work for colleges. But I think it might be fun for you to see it as it shows how I work a bit. :)

And here’s a picture of Linn, in case you don’t know what she looks like. She’s the shorter of them two.

SDIM81692.jpg

This entry was posted in 12-24, 18-50, How to, Movie, Sigma DP1, Sigma DP2, Sigma SD14, Studio. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Video from Schillerska.. (NEW, IMPROVED)

1. Clive says:

Carl, Linn, a very nice video to watch — thank you ;).

Very nice to see what you do with your students, Linn.

Great job of using the materials you got in the sessions, Carl. Lots of technique showing.

I did like the very professional base look of the video too – adds a lot to the usual Youtube, though we appreciate the ‘raw’ also, don’t we.

Best in the season to all there,
    Clive

2. Hi Clive!! Thanks, hope you enjoy the new and much improved version too. Being uploaded.. please comment again when you have seen it. :)

Linn says Hi!

3. Boothrp says:

Hei Carl & Linn, makes me laugh alot when Linn pulls a funny face.
    It’s good to laugh !!

Paul.
    [img]http://www.rytterfalk.com/wp-content/upload/Linn_Carl.jpg[/img]

4. jeffrey chan says:

nice video ^^’

5. Clive says:

Hei, Carl — a while before I could look again, and I did this evening, quiet time.

Well, it is much improved. I agree with Linn about the music – this choice does a great deal for the subject. Interested to find out what it really is, which I understood from the lyrics after a while. This Delirious group sounds a lot like U2 on this cut.

As well as my memory works from the first version, I think you improved everything. It is a very nice edit job, a creative edit. The balance works much, much better. The proportion of the children answering in their Chinese is just right this time. The sense of all else going on in the classes is much improved, even though I think you left out the girl drawing a character. Very good sensibility you engaged all through, I think, and maybe again, with two looking.

I thought your subtle use of movement in the stills was extremely effective. I’ve seen subtle movements and backgrounding shifts also work very well in certain top-class online education – sorry can’t give links as it’s for sale and I think not on anymore anyway, what I’m thinking of.

Carl, what you produced here ought to attract the attention of media people, television and newer variations of it. You told a story in a strong way, and it is actually documentary. The kind of content they actually starve for, where that content would be both good and attractive to audience. And I think there is interest in Sweden for it. Maybe that is where you are heading, among other directions?

On Linn’s class, what is the very best is to see her so relaxed and smiling. Indeed she has found a way to contribute there in Sweden, and thus be really part, but in her own way. I know how good that feeling can be, and smile with her. And I think of an aunt who came from Spain, to marry an uncle of mine in Norway. She became a university professor, to achieve the same thing. I like how Linn has been doing this in a modern life way ;). Good smiles.

Clive

6. Anonymous says:

Carl, just a couple of more things that were in mind.

The fellow with the staff reminded me of a book I don’t think I’ve mentioned to you and Linn. It is here:

Very worth reading; a truly intelligent young person made the life there and wrote about it. I think you’d both find it interesting. He’s a cellist, a martial artist, and went to teach english at a medical college. He had true adventures, and thinks and writes in quite a nice way.

On the video, once more, what I said about the moving-stills holds, but I had a further thought, and this is what connected it to television for me. You achieved again a great technical use of your materials, in service of an intention of subject vision. You were able to work without ‘television lights’ because of this, and so achieve your very personal style, where people respond as if they have not been invaded. This is a very unique ability, and it uses all your ‘parts’ for the composing. This and your nature of interests are why I think they should be interested in you. Watch out for anything like ‘corporate job’ pressure. But media is very fragmented today. When I consulted to the BBC ten years ago, it was already breaking apart so that production was done by one/several person outside contributors. It has many, many of them. You might convince Swedish tv people similarly. I know that again ten years ago they had some strong though not completed efforts in educating television (as opposed to ‘educational tv’. Probably you know of things going on now.

C.

7. blue says:

[img]http://www.rytterfalk.com/wp-content/upload/vlcsnap-20092.jpg[/img]
    What I most like with your photo-reports is beside their creativity a solid base of fresh and positive orientation to human beings.

I would like to join your friend-link-list as “Dschuang Dse” with the webside of my work: http://www.fotocommunity.de/pc/pc/mypics/434323

8. Alf says:

Nice to see how both of you work.
    Just noticed I only understood when Chinese was spoken.
    Came here to kow about the DP2 and ended becoming interested in a beautiful way to look at people.

9. Mathias says:

Cool, my old school! I went there studying advertising (and some photography) around 18 years ago. Still looks the same.