Silkypix and skin tones.. Really something!

Before
Silkypix skin tone tool | before

After
Silkypix skin tone tool | after

And how this is done and some more, watch this movie in HD and full screen. :)

What do you think? :)

This entry was posted in 30mm 1.4, Movie, Portraits, Review, Sigma SD14, Silkypix and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Silkypix and skin tones.. Really something!

1. BiggyDog says:

Haha, I see that you look more confortable with english menu ! ;)

I also tried SIlkyPix on about 100 pictures. And I must say, that it gives really great results faster.
    My conclusion about the “skin color tools” is the same than yours. It is really amazing. It adjust not only WB, but contrast and brightness (and maybe sharpness ?)

I also found that the “highlight controler” (menu View\Hihlight controller) works very well ! When highlights are burned, it is often possible to recover them. I had several shot “burned” while I was testing the 50 ISO mode. I was able to recover many pictures with this tool by changging “default” to “highlight sunset” or “saturation priority”

I also found that the “dodging” cursor works very well to recover shadows. It is much more subtle than SPP, Drakroom or Lightroom.

I think todays, that the biggest weakness of SilkyPix is its apparent complexity because the ergonomy is quite differents than others progs. But it is mush less complex than it appears. I have to continu to test is, but I think that SilkyPix will be my prefered X3F developper !

2. John says:

Really impressive, i have to take time to test it, really. (i’m just downloading the SE mac Version…

Thank you Carl for this presentation.

3. Pingback: Tweets that mention Silkypix getting skin tones right! | Carl Rytterfalk Fotografi -- Topsy.com

4. Halldor says:

Hi Carl. I’m already hooked on Silkypix. Thanks for mentioning this program on the chat group. Some of my old pictures are getting a new life. Keep this good work going! It’s goodbye to SPP for me now, at least in most cases.

5. LuigiC says:

Hi, I’ve just download Silkypix but when I search the comment of BiggyDog about how install the english version, it doesn’t appear.
    Could you please post again how to install the english version? Thanks.

6. Carl away.. says:

LuigiC, search biggydog and one article appears. http://www.rytterfalk.com/2009/10/07/silkypix-first-look-and-mixed-raw-pack/

Download the .dat file (read the entire article) and then take away those numbers and replace that file that has the same name in the silkypix home directory. Oala. :)

7. LuigiC says:

Thank you Carl, now I understand it!
    I’ll do some tests and later I’ll post my thoughts.

8. Clive says:

Carl, that is impressive, just to see on the A-B images.

Maybe this technology is some part of answer when you are doing the instant personality portrait gig…?

Regards,
    Clive

9. Hi Clive! :D Yeah, it’s soo very useful, but not with the current workflow in the studio as they don’t wanna use anything else than jpegs and iPhoto. ;)

10. thechebb says:

A BIG thanks to you & BiggyDog for the info! I’ve just downloaded the Mac english version and will take it out for a spin later on today…now time for breakfast :)