NEWS! Sigma DP1s and Silkypix X3F support!

[updated] Thanks silvar23 for the heads up about the DP1s – click here for the announcement! And to Shinzo Fukui for the cool news that there is one more native developer for Sigma RAW files – Silkypix! Click here to download your beta. Windows only though which is a pitty! But VMware is your friend. Anyone tried yet?

Also, don’t miss this Silkypix info page. Click to see.
How to download from this page:

silkypix

This entry was posted in All, Sigma DP1, Sigma DP2, Sigma SD14, Silkypix and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to NEWS! Sigma DP1s and Silkypix X3F support!

1. fiatlux says:

Strange, the DP1s in the press release looks identical to the DP1. I expected that the controls would be as in the new DP2.

With regard to Silkypix, anyone cares to translate the japanese info? It looks like a “special edition” of Silkypix for Foveon. How is it going to be distributed?

2. fiatlux, I was thinking the same thing. I really do hope that it’s at least as fast as the DP2 – buttons isn’t the most important for me. :) As long as I get the new color modes and better color handling in difficult light.

Regarding the Silkypix, it’s beta. So it’s in trial mode – not implemented natively in “real” Silkypix version yet.

3. Anonymous says:

I tried Silkypix.
    unfortunately it is in Japanese.
    And it’s slow.

4. Pingback: Silkypix Sigma RAW First look and Mixed raw pack! Movie review. | Carl Rytterfalk Fotografi

5. Jon Winters says:

Gave it a look using Wine/Ubuntu. Not knowing Japanese I was mostly experimenting and just clicking on stuff to see what happens. Eventually I got it to lock up. (but it did run longer than Sigma photo Pro)

Looking forward to an english version. I could use this.

thanks
    jon

6. BiggyDog says:

To get english menus follow instructions I posted here:

7. Primus says:

Many thanks to BiggyDog for the English Menu work around,which I have just installed. I have recently got a Sigma DP2 and will compare the results from Silkypix with Lightroom.

8. falen says:

Firmware update:

Ver. 1.03
    Decreases the intermittent camera freeze under certain conditions.
    The accuracy of the Auto White Balance has been improved.

9. Ah, yes. The post was updated and the URL was updated too. Shouldn’t be. :) here’s the “new” http://www.rytterfalk.com/2009/10/07/silkypix-first-look-and-mixed-raw-pack/