DP1s and SD15 rumors.

According to the German magazine Computerbild the upcoming DP1 update, called DP1s will arrive in November this year. They seam to be quite poetic about the new camera too, at least if you’re reading the Google translated version. Try the last paragraph. It doesn’t say much really about what’s new but my guess is that it will have everything good about the DP2 as the TRUE II engine, faster and easier operations and better image quality with color modes. Perhaps higher resolution for movies? Here hoping. New LCD? That would be great!

Also news about the up’n’coming SD15 – a photo store (Scandinavian photo) has it on their site with a price tag of approximately €800 without tax. Hopefully that means both cameras will be out in a not too distant future. Also this is a VERY welcome update to the somewhat old SD14 and I hope they get buffer and speed right. :) Oh and some bright LCD would be nice and and and..

Now, what I’m really waiting for is a new beast that must be in the make somewhere in the crypts of Sigma – they’re not purchasing Foveon without continuing the magic, are they?  I’d like to see a square sensor. Can someone tell me WHY there’s no square sensor except price of cutting the sensor cake differently? No more portrait or landscape thinking – just as with my Mudan 6×6. That’s such a great way to take photos. In RAW they’re always square – in Jpeg you select what ever size you prefer. Or are lenses made for 2/3? is the coating etc just bad in the upper / lower unused part? Also one of the very first tests of the foveon camera back in 2002 utilized a square sensor. Sooo cool. :D

Alright, I got that off my chest, feel much better now. Thoughts?

This entry was posted in Sigma DP1, Sigma SD14 and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

47 Responses to DP1s and SD15 rumors.

1. Mike says:

Well I am hooked on the Foveon Sensor. I just bought the DP2 despite all its shortcomings. I have been dissatisfied with the look of Bayer Sensors for the last 8 years, causing me to buy and sell a lot of digital cameras and return to film when images couldn’t be manipulated into my expected result. I was aware of Foveon but didn’t really pay attention until recently. I stumbled onto your site…. I have since spent hours viewing Foveon images whenever and where ever I could find them. I am simply stunned at the film-like quality of the images. Not easy to describe. Kodachrome and Velvia come to mind right off the bat. Thanks for having such a cool site. My question is this… do you have any insight as to the future of Foveon. Sigma continues to produce cameras that are sub-par in so many areas that I fear Foveon will evenutally become extinct in the digital camera market place before it can gain a foothold. Do you have any idea why Sigma fails so miserably with Auto Focus, LCD’s and processing speeds? Why don’t they produce a sensor that has more photosites? Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks again

Mike

2. Bob van Ooik says:

not square because it would mean a smaller picture when cut to landscape or portrait? But I would love it, if they would manage a square one of around the current 2600 pixels, i’d buy it in a wink.

3. Scott Greiff says:

You would think square would be perfect considering how lenses work. Why not make use of as much of the imaging circle as possible.

Live-View would also be really useful as they show they can do it on the DP cameras. And since they can do Live-View, you might as well throw in a mic and record movies! :) I can has 720p at 24 FPS??

My prediction: DP10 will be a Micro FourThirds camera! ;-)

4. Ted Johnson says:

A DP1s would be great! As would a square Foveon sensor if it was much higher resolution, allowing a 4×3 shape to be in the 8 million photosite realm.

5. Mike, Michihiro Yamaki – the president of Sigma once said that he wanted to make the best cameras on the market.

Obviously they’re not there yet – I do believe they’re on the right path with IQ – And I’m confident that Sigmas investment in Foveon will pay off whenever they decide that they have something stunning to let out. (too bad it’s not inside the SD15 – perhaps with a future SD24 square edition?!)

Also, Sigma is making most stuff in-house. That means that they will have to learn many things from scratch and also they have to make things their way in order not to conflict with thousands of patents out there. This will take some time. I do remember the feeling between SD10 and SD14 – it was a huge step forward in body design, in shutter design and more or less everything else – I’m sure they will continue to evolve and to have their own solutions – hopefully cool ones.

And yes, let’s hope they get that we want great LCD and processing power. :)

6. Bob, Of course nothing should be SMALLER than todays sensor! Just as big as a full sensor lens admit. If we used the current width of 2600 and height of the same 2600 that equals 6,7MP x 3 = 20,2MP

But I want Foveon to make something special, even more MP’s etc. So 3500px each way = 12,2MP x 3 = 36,7MP – Lenses today easily out resolves the foveon sensor. So. More pixels on a larger area. As many as possible without sacrificing light sensitivity. A bit of Nikon thinking with a touch of medium format thinking..

Here hoping.

7. Scott, why would you want a tiny Micro FourThird? It’s smaller than todays sensor! I want BIGGER! :) And of course a 720p 24fps RAW mode would be welcome. haha

Ted, 4×3 is not square. or perhaps you meant when saving to another selective format? :)

8. Jaladhi says:

I certainly think that Foveon has a bright future. I also think that other bigger camera manufacturers will offer Foveon like sensors in the future so I don’t know how much time does Sigma have to get it right and evolve fast. I do think that a 6MP Foveon X3 sensor is a sweet spot for consumers – in terms of processing power, storage requirements and the ability to print at a reasonable size. For professionals and those who want to print big, a 12-14MP full frame Foveon X3 sensor would be very desirable.

I wish Sigma would develop a full frame Foveon body with a bigger sensor – may be 6MP to start with and going to 14MP over the next few years. They should offer this sensor in two flavors. One would be a consumer compact interchangeable camera (see described below) and another would be a flagship weatherproof pro body with fast frame rate, big viewfinder with 100% coverage, live view, lens focus correction, in-body stabilization, at least a 920k LCD monitor, interchangeable focusing screens (to facilitate manual focusing or architectural photography), and a slightly bigger sensor than the rest of the lineup. Heck, may be they can even offer it with a square sensor as a build to order option for this pro body. Video can be left out of this body. Sigma can compete with both full-frame DSLRs and medium formate cameras with this model and can justify a price premium.

I also think that Sigma should have a couple of compact interchangeable cameras along with the DPs of today. If Sigma had unlimited resources, a complete lineup of Sigma compacts in next five years would look like this to me.

*DP-1 and DP-2 with improving sensor performance in color handling and low light as well as better handling, bigger buffer and of course, a much faster autofocus.

*DP-3 with a 28-75mm high quality zoom lens, a high resolution EVF, and image stabilization in addition to the above features. I would also like to see this line to support 720p HD video. Foveon video can be really beautiful. These features can be added gradually over a couple of generations.

*An APS-C interchangeable lens compact camera with Sigma’s own mount. They can probably adapt their micro-four-thirds lenses to fit this new camera. They should develop a few nice compact zoom lenses for this series such as a wide angle zoom, moderate wide to moderate tele zoom, and a tele zoom lens covering the focal length of 14mm to 300mm (35mm equivalent). They should also develop a couple of fast (less than f2.0) pancake lenses as well as a macro lens. This camera should also support 1080p video with all the features described for the DP-3 and have a swivel LCD in addition. Its built-in EVF would bring up a magnified view the moment you start focusing manually. It would also have in body image stabilization. This line can eventually replace today’s SD cameras while the SD body is developed further to create a full frame pro DSLR body described above.

*A full frame interchangeable lens compact camera (no mirror and pentaprism) with a new bigger Foveon sensor, a high resolution EVF, and a big, bright 920k LCD monitor that can swivel. Fast autofocus, a nice set of fast prime lenses and a set of zoom lenses like the ones described above for the APS-C compact. This camera body with a pancake prime lens or a moderate zoom lens should weigh a lot less than any ful-frame DSLR in the market. It would also be much more compact. It would have in body stabilization. It would also have an impressive continuous shooting speed. It would support full 1080p video with a full range of frame rates, and an external microphone. This would be the ultimate for those wanting highest quality video from the Foveon sensor.

One can dream, right?

9. Robin says:

A square sensor with 2640 x 2640 px would be a fine step forward. I also wonder, why they’re giving away so much potential of the lenses. In future a square with the long side of full frame would be nice and a further step … ;)

I’m not sure about the lenses. They perform good, but easily out resolving the foveon? I suppose the foveon still requires great lenses despite it’s small size, just because it’s recording every single pixel on it.

@Mike: Nice to read. Quite a long time I also didn’t notice that foveon is able to produce the pics I was missing at Bayer …

10. fiatlux says:

What about a round sensor (or a square one) covering the whole imaging circle? This would give all aspect ratio options.

Because, square is nice but is far from being universal…

11. tim says:

sorry, I’m a bit confused. Where does it say ‘November’?
    Being German I have read both the original and the “translation” and couldn’t find any mention of that.

Then you should be aware that this is an advert. (It says so at the top right – wrongfully translated as ‘display’) But doesn’t say anything about new features compared to DP1.

Finally I’d like to mention that Computerbild is a part of the German Bildzeitung, which is yellow press, the English equivalent would be ‘The Sun’. So not the most trustworthy source. :)
    Curious thing that they’d have an advert for the DP1s…

cheers,
    Tim

12. Tim, Well, you’re right. The person who sent me the link to the article mentioned november – and now when you say it I can’t find it either. Wonder where he got that info? Lets hope he knows what he’s talking about. or she.

And if it’s an advert as it says then perhaps the person who sent me the link knows more than us. :) an insider?! New site name: Sigmainsider.com hehe

And thanks for the info Tim. I have very little knowledge about Germen press.

13. Bob van Ooik says:

well at least the article about the sd15 states that it will be out this year :)

14. Robin, “They perform good, but easily out resolving the foveon?” hehe, I need to say stuff like that in order to make Sigma act! :P

Fiatlux, Far from being universal? It’s as universal as it gets! You can choose ANY format from a square. :) In camera or in Raw development.

I feel strong!! You guys like the square idea! Will give them some pressure! :D

15. Jaladhi, hehe.. Well – I’m sure Sigma reads your comment and perhaps takes a note or two. I like many of your ideas – crazy or not.

I wonder if it would be possible to include a TS in body or if that’s ONLY possible to achieve in a lens? (Tilt and shift). Hmm.. That is the only lens that I really lack right now from my Sigma line up. I would like the DP1 to include TS. :) That would make it very very cool.

16. Pingback: DP1s and SD15 rumors. at Carl Rytterfalk Fotografi « Prime Lenses

17. Pingback: DP1s and SD15 rumors. at Carl Rytterfalk Fotografi

18. Ed Buziak says:

Carl… I just love your take on lenses made for 2/3, “…is the coating etc just bad in the upper / lower unused part?” This could turn into a new conspiracy theory! ;~)

19. 24k18k says:

Wow! Good news! Hopefuly the Panasonic GF1 & Leica X1 can push Sigma DP1s to become a more “EVOLVE” camera! And a final firmwire update for DP1 is most welcome! ( Ricoh did a final firmwire update for GR2 on the release day of GR3 )!

20. sebatlh says:

I don’t get it. What would the advantage be of a square sensor?
    Isn’t a rectangle using more of the imaging circle? (Assuming that the final image isn’t cropped to a square of course!)

Quick sketch:

[img]http://www.rytterfalk.com/wp-content/upload/1253263718-sensors.jpg[/img]

21. flyingrooster says:

I also don’t see the advantage of a square sensor. I completely understand the wish for a sensor using the whole imaging circle provided by the lens (which naturally is always a circle).
    But in order to use the maximum amount, the sensor has to be of the size shown in my sketch below. So it’s basically a square placed in the center of the imaging circle plus extensions on each side covering the whole lateral borders of the imaging circle. In this concept every possible image format beginning from 1:1 (square) extending through the whole range of widespread formats (3:4, 3:2, 16:9,…) up to the most extreme “landscape format” is covered.
    Since all digital pictures are rectangular, using the upper and lower parts of the imaging circle is not required, since you just have to tilt the camera by 90° in order to have the longer side of your picture on the vertical axis.

I hope i made my statements clear enough ;)

[img]http://www.rytterfalk.com/wp-content/upload/1253267826-sensor.jpg[/img]

22. tmt says:

sebatlh: expand the sensor to the two orange box (yes, some vignetting can occur, most of the lenses draws larger image circle than just aps-c size, even they are made for aps-c), and you’re done. Then the camera allows the three options you have mentioned, plus one for all of the sensor in RAW)

23. sebatlh says:

oh shit, triple post! I suck at teh intarwebs :(

Flyingrooster: yeah something like that would be pretty cool.

24. sebatlh, of course you’re right – but wouldn’t a square sensor cut out the “bad” part – leave the good stuff? I even would like to go as far as having a square that is a bit bigger than your “yellow” version – to get the most out of wide angle and I’m sure some lenses has more to give than shown. :) And if there is black corners inside it’s easy to crop out. Also, if the pixel count is big enough then cropping is no problem.

Flying rooster – perhaps that’s the way to do it? Problem is that it’s a waste of sensor. :/

I wonder if the camera will have to be a bit taller? the mirror and prism will have to cover a higher area. Might end up looking very mighty..

25. How about a Super RAW HDR format? a super fast three shot exposure – perhaps electronically controlled somehow (to make it fast enough) and store all that data into ONE raw file – allowing better HDR pictures. Perhaps even five shots. hehe. Well, todays SD14 has a problem to get all the way up to three shots per second so I guess I’m dreaming. :)

Anyways. This Super RAW shot could end up with all the bits of three shots – a 36bit raw shot! Not sure it’s possible to calculate like that but it sounds cool.

26. flyingrooster says:

Well, you can’t take a bath without getting wet… Sure it’s a slight waste of sensor, but you can choose every imaginable aspect ratio without loss in quality with that concept. I estimate the sensor size would be about 50% bigger than today’s widespread fixed format 3:2 sensors.
    I don’t think this sensor size will have a big impact on camera dimensions. At least regarding DSLRs, for compacts this might pose a problem. Just look at the DP series. Sigma fit a sensor of about APS-C size in a pretty compact package. DSLRs are usually a lot bigger than a DP. 50% more sensor area? – Pah, thats nothing! Or just look at full frame DSLRs, their sensors are even bigger.
    One could even cut the corners of the sensor that are located outside of the image circle since those parts will never contribute to the image, in order to reduce size. I guess this shouldn’t be a problem, but i’m not a technician…

The only camera i know of that uses this “variable-aspect-ratio-approach-without-cropping-by-actually-using-different-parts-of-the-sensors”-method is the Panasonic LX3 (Leica D-LUX4) and i just love that full quality variability. Any other camers known?

27. spalbird says:

I’d like to assign a tiny task to Sigma, please make me a great photgrapher! ;)

28. tmt says:

Carl: This is not daydreaming, Pentax K-7 and the newly introduced K-x has this function in some way. It processes 3 shots and composites into a jpeg. There were some rantings about this on pentaxian forums (why not doing a raw from the three shots, like you also mentioned), but creates really nice results.

(I’m a pentaxian, but I’m keeping an eye on Sigma/Foveon stuff, because I really like the sensor idea.)

29. Steaphany says:

My career started out in semiconductor engineering, so being familure with the underlying engineering expanding on the Foveon X3 Fx17-78-F13 Image Sensor could easily be done with the same design rules and wafer fabrication process. I’ve done the math a while ago and Foveon 35mm full frame imager of 36 x 24 mm, could easily be realized with a resolution of 4590 x 3060 pixels.

The only real technological limiting factor is defect density. If the defect density per unit area remains the same, a wafer with large die will not achieve the same yield percentage than the same process for a smaller die, this means the per chip fabrication costs increase. The decision for invest in design and development of larger chips is in the hands of marketing types. They decide if a component incurring a higher cost could yield a product with a sale price that customers will accept while maintaining a reasonable profit.

If you want Sigma and Foveon to accelerate development and release of ever greater cameras, you need to help the market desire such advancements. The problem that I see is the Sigma/Foveon cameras seem to have drawn a nitch or cult photographer following, not a major market share.
    -=-=-
    On the topic of image circle, I think like a large format photographer. I like a large image circle which exceeds the imager area so that I’m using the best performing optics and not pushing the optics to its limit. Luckily, the Sigma EX DG lenses, designed for 35mm frame coverage, do just what I need.

30. Tmt, I like what Pentax has done with their K-7 (body quality, movie mode, hdr mode) – But with a Foveon sensor inside.. Mmmm :) Anyways, how they currently made the HDR implementation is OK, but not RAW. As you know we, Foveon users use RAW only. There is no way around it. But not sure if it’s possible. Hope so.

31. Bob van Ooik says:

Mmmm, if we are anyway dreaming… I would love to see the following line-up from Sigma (better said of Foveon equipped gear);
    1) DPx sized camera with interchangeable lenses that uses a sensor sized similar to what we have now (1.7 crop). So sort of a micro 4/3 but with foveon inside (maybe even licensing part of the micro 4/3 spec). And for Carl, with video ;)
    2) Full frame sensor based pro body. 4 fps, accurate AF with in-camera tuning, buffer of at least 10 frames. A sensor with around 6~7MP would do for me.

32. thechebb says:

Interesting ideas all around. I love the Foveon look, it’s so different. As for the news on the SD15 & DP1s – more power to Sigma, they need to compete and at a reasonable price point. HDR Raw, Full Frame / Square Frame are interesting, but for me I like to process the HDR on my own (even though I’m not really good at it) and I would love a full frame Sigma – that would be epic!!!

33. Brian says:

I haven’t heard much speculation about ISO range. The fact that they added ISO 3200 to the DP2 at what seemed to me to be the last minute (prerelease specs were rating it 50 to 1600) makes me think that the new DP1 will have at least that same range. Is there any reason they wouldn’t expand the ISO range in the DP1s?

34. tmt says:

Carl: I think everybody who have a DSLR, or a RAW capable camera must use RAW to get out the full potential of his/her images :) So, maybe there will be a firmware upgrade to the K-7. And yes, that would be a dream for me a high end pentax with a Foveon sensor capable of the same ISO, readout speed and stuff – while I do not care that much of high megapixel counts, while I do not work for large prints :)

35. Pingback: DP1s and SD15 rumors – Carl Rytterfalk @ Photo News Today

36. alexandru says:

I’m with Bob van Ooik for a micro 4/3 Foveon camera.

37. mike says:

For me DP1s with TRUE II, 420k screen, new UI and something like f1.0 would be ‘a state of the art’ for photography :)

Carl !!! great website

38. DLJ says:

Brilliant idea Carl (if its feasible):

‘One-file (but multi-exposure) HDR’, aka ‘in-camera HDR’.

Thank you: its too fantastic. Update the sites that picked up too few photons, or better still, ‘add’ an identical exposure duration’s exposure values to the prior exposure (augment, or increment the values in the same file).

Then you might not need a new 32 or 36-bit file format: it becomes a firmware update, and outputs existing X3F format files for all models. You got my wheels turning in very strange ways, but thank you!

39. Hans says:

Enjoying the very special IQ of my DP2 pictures, I seriously consider changing my Pentax gear to Sigma SD15 when it arrives. But I would find it hard to part with my pancake primes, and over and above that, as an available light photographer I can hardly do without some kind of image stabilization. But the best Sigma lenses do not have OS – and this I do not understand. Many of the desiderata summed up in the above are understandable but clearly utopian, whereas image/optical stabilization seems to me essential & not asking too much. Especially not in a camera that has a sensor with an ISO that cannot be raised to sky-high numbers. Does anyone (Carl?) agree? And what is Sigma’s reason for not systematically equipping the best (DG as well as DC) lenses with OS?

40. spalbird says:

Hans,

I agree. With higher sensor resolution image stabilisation is a must. To exchange ISO for missing image stabilisation is IMO no substitute, as IQ naturally decreases. The task for Sigma is, to make lightweight, unobtrusive, optical stabilised lenses which are perfect for manual operation as well and are optical superior to current lenses. Now that Sigma knows what to do, take this spec and bring it to reality :;

Although what I have written above is something like a wet dream, I still believe optical stabilisation is a must for serious high resolution photography. It saves me a Gitzo and is more universal, so I would pay some money more, just do it, Sigma!

41. Jeff says:

Sure would be nice if the DP1s battery is better–and I could send Sigma my DP1 and get a DP1s back…

As for the square sensor: I’d love one. Especially if they lcd image was made to be a little more like ground glass. Of course that also means a camera more suited for the waist-level shooting…

42. Richard Searle says:

When I first saw the DP1 I thought – I must have one! It seemed to answer my needs for a decent quality compact. When I saw Rytterfalk’s first few shots, such as the coin on a washing line I was salivating. Then came the reviews saying it was slow, quirky, hard to use and overpriced and I steered clear for over a year until this Spring when I bought one at a reduced price.

I have to say, many of the problems and complaints are correct. But also correct is the fact that my Canon 5D (since sold) and Sony A700 do not produce pics that make me immediately say “wow!” unlike the Sigma. So many of the Sigma pics are impressive right from the camera and only look better with tweaking. In contrast, pics from my Sony (a generally excellent camera) look a bit flat and never give me a stunned feeling.

However, the problems with the DP1 and other Sigma cameras need to be addressed for them to compete in a market in which the big 3 – Canon, Nikon and Sony – are squeezing out the likes of Olympus and Pentax.

I do not have a SD14 but based on my experience with the DP1 I would be very tempted to get a SD15 but only if Sigma fix the following (I hope you are listening in Japan):

1. The LCD must be at least 900,000 pixels. The Sony A700’s LCD is dreamy. The 250,000 pixels on the Canon 5D were horrid. The DP1’s LCD is even worse – it’s impossible to tell if anything is in focus and in low light it’s like an untuned TV from the 70s. A disaster. If Sigma can’t fix it, they should buy in LCDs from Sony.

2. Image stabiliser. Without doubt the best thing about my A700 is the in-built stabiliser with a little shake monitor in the viewfinder which informs you about the level of shake and reduction. It is superb and I recommend you check it out – on it’s own I say it could justify a switch to Sony. I missed lots of shots with the 5D and I don’t miss them now – I wait for the shake monitor to drop to a low level and snap… It is streets ahead of the lens stabilisers used by Canon and Nikon in my view. Sigma absolutely must find a way to stabilise the sensor to ensure blur free shots in low light.

3. Faster operation. It doesnt bother me too much as I wouldn’t use the Sigma for sport obviously, but faster operation would really help for everyday use. I have missed a lot of moving shots because the DP1 is not best suited to anything other than still life or static shots.

4. Larger sensor. If only to shut up the camera reviewers and press who bang on about the Foveon sensor being 4.5MP and sub-standard. I hope the SD15 comes with an uprated sensor and not the same one as on the DP1 great though it is. I have to say, I really distrust the camera mags and online reviewers. Their reviews seem skewed in favour of firms with the most ads (allegedly…). Also, if they can’t see the quality difference that you get from the Foveon sensor, they are being disingenuous.

Finally, I love the fact that Sigma cameras have a cult following and attract support from great sites like this one. Keep up the fantastic work!!

43. Richard Searle says:

Oops, I’d like to add one more important improvement:

5. Better high ISO quality. Nikon and Sony really have mastered the art of great quality pictures at high ISOs. Sony definitely is well behind, even though they manufacture sensors for Nikon apparently. My A700 is grainy from ISO 800 up. The Sigma DP1 is similar, and lots of reviewers whinge about the noise (even though only 10 years ago most photographers basically used ISO 50, 100, 200 and 400 film and rarely if ever went above 800 but that’s another matter). I hope any new sensor has better quality at high ISO levels, even if it’s not to the same exceptional standard as Nikon.

44. Richard Searle says:

Apologies for seemingly hogging the forum. I have a question for people:

Should I buy a low cost sd14 now bearing in mind its many flaws and now 3 year old technology, or should I wait what could be years at this rate for the SD15 which may not be a significant step up from the SD14? SD14s are relatively well priced at places like eBay.

I have been very impressed with my DP1 as I say above and would like to try the Foveon sensor with a greater variety of lenses.

Let me know your views.

• Hi Richard! Sorry for being around for a while, not being able to answer. Now I’m back and I’ll give it a try. Your thoughts about Sigma cameras compared to other brands and tech’s are interesting and we all have this love / hate passion for our Sigmas.

For example, I had this portrait session at a big Swedish car company and for this session I brought a Nikon D90 as well as my SD14. I wanted to know if D90 would work better as a field camera – and on the set I shot every single portrait with both cameras. I had a zoom on each shot after shot I reached for the Nikon when the client wanted to see what it looked like on the LCD. I never showed what anything looked like on the SD14 and said that the camera was made to show images on computer only. (which is kind of true). I was really keen on seeing the result, a bit afraid to be honest that a D90 would surpass my beloved SD14. It looked kind of that way.

Now, back home I used Nikons own RAW converter and SPP, and the difference was pretty big. Nikon looked ok as on the LCD but never really more than that and never really alive, while the Sigma gave a huge variety of colors and depth. And a bit of green that I had to take away. grrr. I now feel even more confident then before in my Sigma gear. And I’m really sad that I can’t view my shots the way I want on set.

Same feeling I had when testing a Canon 5D Mark 2. But then again, there are situations when the Sigma just don’t cope. Hopefully the SD15 and future generations will fix all this once and for all. :)