Four DP2 Raw Developed shots..

Now I took the time and downloaded Raw Developer 1.84 and oala I can save the day (sky and clouds that is)..

SDIM1609

SDIM1561

SDIM1653

Bonus: Another fellow photographer.. :)

SDIM1568

This entry was posted in China, Full size, Raw Developer, Sigma DP2. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Four DP2 Raw Developed shots..

1. Scott Greiff says:

Very nice results! I have RD and I’ll have to dust it off a bit.

2. Carl says:

The Red color has been overexposed in all these RD develops. Not sure if it’s a DNG problem or a X3F problem. So please just look beyond the bright reds. :)

And Scott! that’s a great idea!

3. retouching says:

I use the camera raw for my photo processing, I will take have to take a look at the developer.

4. Davide says:

Hi Carl,
    I wish to use Apple Aperture for developed shots, but Aperture don’t recognize .X3F… Do you have a solution?
    Thanks!

5. lol says:

can you make some video tutorial on how to get that great look on raw images from sigma dp cameras? from taking the picture, camera setting etc .. and details about post-processing.. or maybe its a trade secret. I think it would be a great idea xD

6. Hi Lol! I have made some videos already, not sure you seen my youtube account? Well, more people are asking so perhaps I should make a few more. :)

7. Davide says:

not possible use Aperture with foveon????
    thanks!

8. Well, it’s possible if you first convert to TIFF using any of the working developers. By saving as 16bit you actually have quite some information to play with and pictures can becomes quite a bit better with good knowledge. I used Aperture for a couple of weddings and result was really good! (Saved to tiff using SPP).

9. Davide says:

thahk you!
    I love Aperture for “metadata”…but, for you, what is the better system to develope raw? SPP, Raw developer, Adobe, Aperture…? Is a hard question… ;-)

10. I switch between all those, if I’m lazy I do everything using LR, if I feel I wanna get the most then I do SPP and RD (try both, which can give different qualities for different shots).. If I wanna do a wedding book then I do SPP + Aperture. Well. :)

I do want a new version of SPP that is redone for Speed, then I’d use it more.