Ahhh, I’m dying!!

Killed by a insanely sharp shot.. Just installed a Chinese version of Adobe LR2 trying to fix that color thingi with CS3 – well, developed this shot and realized how incredibly sharp it was. Click to open up full size! (DP2 at ISO100 and f7,1)

Please have a look..

This entry was posted in Adobe Lightroom, China, Full size, Sigma DP2. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Ahhh, I’m dying!!

1. Stéphane says:

Have you changed anything else than colours on this picture to have it so sharp ? Turned some parameter on to sharpen the picture when exporting from RAW to JPG for example ?
    I recently bought (and sold it few weeks later) a DMC-FT1, it’s 12Mpix and I did same kind of picture, it looked awful compared to this one ! I’m more and more considering replacing my compact camera with this Sigma…

2. My settings for sharpness on the RAW using Lightroom 2.4 was the following: Amount: 59. Radius: 0,5. Detail: 22, Masking: 0. Colors are different mostly because they’re using different engines to develop the picture.

With the SPP version I did fix horizon some and that made it a little bit fuzzier I think. But LR has really strong sharpening, you do see artifacts – but it’s still very sharp to start with.

I said before that I think DP1 has a slightly sharper lens. Well, The DP2 do have a really sharp lens too. :)

3. Graham says:

Hah, and you said the DP1 was sharper than the DP2… great photo!

4. thechebb says:

Ouch! I cut my eye this photo was so sharp! Sounds like you and Linn are having a wonderful time!
    Cheers!

5. microspock says:

incredible sharpness….

6. Berryway says:

Have you got any info about SD15 release date..? Internet is mute like a dead fish…

BTW Sharpy!

7. Lorenzo says:

beautiful colors and sharpness! What do you think about the extremely sharp (=jagged?) wires? Do you think it could be a problem?

8. Berryway says:

Me to. I feel we fell into same time-vortex. Making a landscape shot made real pain, but some photos really struck me. Still studio, girls and provocative drinks are better, than eternal void and wind:

9. Carl Rytterfalk says:

Berryway, No, I don’t know when SD15 will arrive, hope sooner than later. :D

10. Lorenzo, it’s not that difficult to avoid. I can try to process using Raw Developer, it has both very good control over sharpness and great up size capability.

11. Simon says:

Awesome!

12. Lee Morris says:

Great shot, indeed very sharp and the colours are superb… You’re costing me a fortune Carl, i’ve now just been and bought a DP1 off E-bay, this little pocket rocket is awesome…
    P.S how do I add the link for my Flickr images to here.…?
    Take care
    Lee

• haha, Lee! You got one. I wonder if I can make it possible for users to incorporate their own shots in comment field..

Flickr. Well, it’s easy to link, just right click on any image and copy image address. Or when you go to higher size of an image there is a box telling you the address below the photo.