The 18th of July | China next!

I’m going to visit friends in Kunming and Dali, and if you’re Chinese and would like to meet please send me an email. Linn has already gone and she’s there right now (they almost stopped her from enter the country too, they took her temp three times before deciding she was ok. I better be healthy when I go (perhaps start running some?!). I think they’re afraid of all these flu things going around.

Oh well. I’ll return back to Sweden the 18th of Aug and to China I’ll bring DP1 and DP2. Perhaps my SD14 too, but I’m not sure. Anyone willing to lend me a Canon 500D or 5D Mark 2 for filming then I’d be willing to take that offer. :P Even a Red would do (with some nice primes and the whole steady cam thingi kit).

This entry was posted in All. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to The 18th of July | China next!

1. Ted Johnson says:

I think the request for the Red is pushing things a bit. ;P

2. Lee Morris says:

Have a safe and exciting journey Carl, look forward to the images…

P.S take the SD14 and nail some more cool shots for us to checkout..

Lee

3. beeant says:

when will you come to japan?

4. cerement says:

Just get a Red Rocks Micro shoulder mount and shoot video on the DP2 …

5. Cerement, You need two DP2’s for that haha. :D But hey, I do have another one. hmm.. perhaps that is what I should do, but it’s loaned to another Sigma-wannabe so I can’t make the review just yet. But it’s a very good suggestion, perhaps not with the shoulder mount. ;)

It’s bit tad lo-rez fpr my taste but hmm.. more sport this way, right?

6. soapbox says:

wow~ i am a chinese!!how Exciting i am ,when i know you will vista chinaese.Both Kunming and Dali are Beautiful and Culture. but i perfer you to go to Tibet,a Charismatic City!

7. Hi Soapbox, I love China and it will be a pure pleasure to visit your country once more! It will not be the last time I’m sure. After spending more than three years in Kunming / Dali I see it as my second home. I long to go there again all the time. Food and people. Really do love you guys!

8. spalbird says:

Carl & Linn,

would like to meet you in China! Unfortunately not possible this year, hopefully next time :) In case you need somewhere to stay in Tokyo, in the moment there is enough space for you, don`t hesitate…

Best regards
    Wolfgang

9. Rocky says:

Kunming is a beautiful city. And you know, cui hu(cui lake), a nice place to have a walk after dinner. Yunnan university near cui lake have groups of squirrel which are not afraid of people.

10. jumpfish says:

I hope you will com to taiwan too. Here is very beaytiful.@@

11. Rocky, I’ve played a bit with those squirrels too (inside the university area). And that lake I walked many times, it’s so calming beautiful. Western mountains are also a must as the great stone forest waterfall. But most of all I’m longing for real thick rice noodles, hot pot, small dishes of all kinds and whole grilled goat. :P

12. hamasakino says:

Welcome to TAIWAN +1

13. thechebb says:

That’s great news Carl! I’m currently in NYC on holiday for my Gramdmother’s 99th Birthday and was in Florida 2 days ago for my other Grandma’s 94th….it must be a traveling season! I’m looking forward to seeing some more of your wonderful work!! Have a fun and safe trip!
    Cheers!

14. 24k18k says:

Hi Carl, Are you going to Lijiang also & seeing the show Impression Lijiang by Zhang Yimou? Because I believe the pictures taken by your Sigma cameras in the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain will be magnificent!

15. Hi Chebb! Woaaaa, 94 and 99 years old!! That’s really really cool! I hope you have a really good time. And thanks!

16. People of Taiwan! I really would like to come, I don’t think I can make it this time but I’ll try at a later date! If any of you got too much money then I can come just for fun! :D