Adobe Camera Raw | developing DP2

Alright, with the help of many I now have a pretty good idea of how to best utilize ACR. Take a look!

This entry was posted in How to, Movie, Sigma DP2 and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Adobe Camera Raw | developing DP2

1. Florian says:

HI,
    I really love your screencasts especially in HD. The results in SPP are the best you can get with your DP, but I simply can’t handle the software.I would be really pleased if you could make a screencast: “SPP from import to export”. That would be great. The most problem I have is with the export, I have no idea what to set up in this dialog.

Greetz from Germany
    Great work
    Florian

P.S. Who’s that naked girl behind you?

2. Bob van Ooik says:

Carl, cut back on the recovery! I find it makes pictures dull. First try to get as much out of the files using the other possibilities before applying recovery (including curves). Oh and to not start the gradient from the top and have a smaller transition area, works great on shots with a clear horizon. I also often use a second one on the foreground with bumped exposure. When you start thinking creatively with the gradients a whole new world opens up :)

PS. I still like SPP too ;)

3. Pepe says:

Hi Carl, good job. I see you have played with the oranges and yellows. I have PS CS (old one) so I use DNG converter before going ACR (an old one too). I like reducing the red hue and the red saturation. But maybe this is what you did with those color sliders (not present in my ACR version). Thanks for your knowledge and humility, Pep

4. Pepe says:

Oh, forgot to say that I like SPP a lot (except for the color wheel) and that I think it deals better with extreme color noise (the noise present in deep shadows of light coloured surfaces) than ACR.

5. Pepe says:

another note, I didnĀ“t mean reducing the hue but making it more to the greenish side, so I meant changing the red hue and reducing the red saturation. sorry…

6. Alexandru says:

Hi Carl,
    I agree with you, Sigma PP has better output and fewer options than ACR.

After watching your “Howto” movie, btw, thanks a lot for everything you do on this site and on the dpreview forum, I have the feeling that you are not using the ACR “properly” so, I’d like to advise you to read one of the books called “Real World Camera Raw…” by Bruce Fraser. (you might find it on some torrent sites)