Extreme sharpness wide open | DP2

dp2 example14 500 Original

This shot was taken in pretty bright sun / daylight – it was slightly underexposed so the “real” ISO would be something like ISO160. No sharpness added and no photoshop (more than text), if you do add some you’ll find it to be woa woa sharp. :)

I’ll be back.

This entry was posted in Full size, Sigma DP2, Sigma Photo Pro and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Extreme sharpness wide open | DP2

1. Pingback: wuTalks » Extreme sharpness wide open | DP2

2. Omar says:

I keep looking, and staring..at the amazingness of this lens. The color tones and textures are just as impressive

3. Popo Ronn says:

Beautiful picture. And amazing sharpness and colors.
    About the DP2, i’m wondering what kind of viewfinder should be used?
    Did you use the VF-11 on the DP1? I did not really like the VF-11, the lines are not clear enough and I prefered a Voigtländer 28/35 mini which is perfect and small and clear. I love it!

But as the DP2 is 41mm, I guess it’s too narrow to use the 35mm marks in my viewfinder (which has 28 and 35mm marks), and the only 40mm viewfinder I know is the voigtländer, but it’s a big bulky plastic thing, much bigger than the VF-21 (which looks same size than the VF-11 btw), but very clear and bright (I had a look at it at the shop the other day!).

I think a viewfinder is essential on the DP1, and I guess it’s the same on the DP2…
    Let us know what you think you lucky early DP2 tester!

4. min chen says:

waiting for your new PIC

5. Andrew says:

You are now disallowed from posting any more DP2 pics until it is available for sale ; ) Too tempting…

6. Clive says:

Carl, what a pleasure to see these, and your work again.

My best to Linn, and to both your efforts on the (re-)building of the apartment. I am sure this is very hard work, but that the result will be worth it.

It’s also a very human pleasure to understand the way you make acquaintances and friendships of kinds, as becomes clearer now with history, among persons of your towns and cities, in Sweden as well as in China. This is very fine, and seems much to come from the kind of family you are in.

One or two other things come from your family as well, and it was a real pleasure to see your grandmother.

Best, Carl,
    Clive

7. Isiah says:

Dude… so incredible…. Is this the quality that we can expect to see from the SD15? Wow! The colors are so clean and correct… How did you color balance? With a grey card?

Great stuff,

Isiah

8. Clinton says:

And not ‘too much’ which could be the case with foveon files sometimes. Excellent!