After recovering from my appendix thingi (which took longer than I thought) I had to work on wedding pictures (Denmark) I also didn’t succeed with my hackintosh upgrade as I hoped so now I’m running Windows Vista and I had to redevelop my work flow – now with SPP 2.5 as first developer and then post processing using Lightroom 2.0 – I will sell my PC (mac) and get a real mac. :) I don’t trust what I see at all the same way as I did using OS X and I feel a bit lost.

Oh, Before getting sick I bought an apartment, Linn worked far away and the apartment needed a remake so I decided to keep silent and give Linn a surprise. Now, having my computer issues, meds and hospital visits, lots of pictures to develop and a new apartment to take care of (and all paperwork etc. that that includes) I must say I’ve been too busy for my own taste.

Now, for now I give you some pictures taken when driving. :) I have no idea what these looks like on your screen, I feel my screen isn’t calibrated correctly so if they look way off please tell. And btw – WB is all over the place mostly due to windscreen having a slight color. Tricky to adjust after. :)

Hopefully back soon with some wedding shots.

SDIM0422 SDIM0426 SDIM0439 SDIM0440 SDIM0447 SDIM0457 SDIM0484 SDIM0492

This entry was posted in All. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to follow up. :)

1. Clive in...California says:

Hi Carl,

Well, it is good to see you back up and around. We had to leave you in care of your Swedish doctors for a while, I think.

The pictures really surprise me. They remind me very much of my original place to grow up, as one might see it from roads now, rain and all. Of course some of the trees are taller – redwoods, in far north of California, and along the coast. But the effect, and the light, is a very familiar feeling.

Also there is that old American car to notice, Oldsmobile or something, coming towards you in one of them. But this doesn’t count in the effect, just interesting.

Very glad you are at it, even if too much to do. You are probably still recovering from the ‘shock to the system’. Medicine doesn’t adjust everything, just gives your human body a chance to heal.

A nice surprise for Linn, this apartment, I imagine. She who went nearly to Kaliningrad ;) for summer…! Well, near to Finland, is what I liked to tease.

Too bad about the hackintosh, but then we know about it. Suspect you will like it well when you can have a real one. I get along OK with XP, and will certainly very much consider going back to a Mac when it comes to replace it. I used one from the beginning, for many years. The Adobe Design Premium CS3 suite is really fine even on Windows – that plus a few special tools and it is a good enough environment for now, and what one makes with it the important thing.

So, tools. I didn’t get technical about your white balances or gamma, but the pictures felt lifelike to me, for what it’s worth.

Just good to see you again, Carl, and I guess your health is going to be a lot better from now, no spells like that one in China, and your strength will be better than before.

Best,
    Clive
    beautiful later afternoon here; often the area of UCSD/La Jolla.

2. Richard says:

Hi there Carl, They are some real awesome photos of you driving. I’m impressed.

The colours are amazing.

Can I ask, What Lens did you use, I gather you used the Sigma SD14?

Thanks

Keep it up…. Hope your okay..

Richie

3. Isiah says:

Carl!! I’m glad to see you back and busy! I was wandering about your health and I am glad to see that you are as well as you can be.

I just bought a real 2.6GHz Macbook Pro, 17″ 1920×1200 glossy LED display, 4 Gig of RAM, 7200RPM HD… I love it!

Get the real thing, it is very good and fast. It has been my first time using Raw Developer, wow! It is so much better than SPP especially at low light noise… Good to see you well!

Isiah

4. Jim Roelofs says:

Hi, Carl!

Glad to hear you are on the mend. Not very pleasant being sick.

Greetings from Wodonga.

Sincere regards, JR

5. spalbird says:

Congratulations to your new apartement! Linn will like it and it is the effort worth :)

6. Boothrp says:

In England the police would probably stop & fine you if they saw you taking pictures while driving. There’s no sense of whether it’s safe to do something or not, just law after law after law.
    I’m sure you knew how to ready the camera without looking at it before shooting & took no more attention from you than adjusting the radio, or putting in a CD, (or does your car stereo take a USB stick etc ?? ;-) )
    England’s losing it’s sense of fun, or is that just a reflection of the way I feel these days.
    Hope you are recovering well and able to do all the essentials.

Best wishes from the UK , Paul.

7. Boothrp says:

Just realized from the Cokin holder & Exif info that these were SD14 shots, not DP1 shots.
    Hope you didn’t have 1 hand on the wheel & the other holding a nice big SD14 combo up to your eye ??
    Don’t want you back in hospital now do we ?

All the best, Paul.

8. BobNL says:

Hi Carl, good to see you up and running again, albeit slowly…

9. Bob, your link is updated. :)

10. Pingback: Recent URLs tagged Hackintosh - Urlrecorder