50mm 1.4 in my hands..

Sigma 50mm 1.4 hands on picture.
The Sigma 50mm F1.4 in my hands during my hands on test.
Photo taken by Gerhard Joren + Nikon D3.

This entry was posted in All. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to 50mm 1.4 in my hands..

1. spalbird says:

Joh, this is a big lens! Could you write something about the battery grip? I feel I can hold the SD10 battery grip more stable than the SD14 w/o grip. Of course, it is really a plus in portrait mode…

2. Kerstin says:

Hej! fint det blev! har du fått fler bilder av gerhard? e så nyfiken på hur det blev… såg bilderna på mig här också… härligt vi hade det!
    kram

3. Hemen Derki says:

It will be interesting to see what you can do with a 50mm 1.4. I have had one for a couple of months and find it difficult sometimes to handle it. It feels too long or too narrow in most situations. I find my self runnin back and forth most of the time.

4. Obscura says:

I’d love to know where everyone is getting this lens. I’ve been checking B&H and Cameta and I just can’t find it. Are you testing a pre-production copy? (admititly I don’t follow the forum as closely as I should)

5. Obscura says:

Oh and I’ve been using vertical grips since the 1980’s. Once you use one you don’t ever want to not use one again. Vertical shutter release additional battery life = win.

6. Linn says:

I am very tired,but I miss you!

7. thechebb says:

Wow, that’s one big 50mm lens! It must be ginormus compared to it’s macro sibling!
    Cheers!

8. Myga says:

LMAO that is a BIG THING. But the sharpness and great bokes explains it all :D

9. Rudy says:

Looks like a beautiful lens. The pictures that you took of your sister are awesome. I just purchased a D300 and I’m not sure if I should get the Nikon 50mm 1.4 D or the Sigma.

Leaning towards Sigma.

It’s been awhile now and I’d like to know if your 100% satisfied.

Thanks,