Cold and wet.

From today - DP1 art. :)
Hultasjön

One way to use WB

From today - DP1 art. :)
Another way same road..

Göteborg by rain

Just a little something before I go to bed. ND filter + DP1 used.

This entry was posted in Sigma DP1. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Cold and wet.

1. Joe Wilcox says:

Carl, your early reviews and photos inspired me to purchase a Sigma DP1. Thank you! The camera is amazing. I’ve posted some pics here: http://joewilcox.smugmug.com/gallery/4601653_sodXM#272177000. Nowhere as good as yours, but still another example of what the camera can do. Again, thanks! Joe

2. Bill Lee says:

Your photos are cool, Carl! Good job!

Would you mind telling us what software you use for post production of DP1, as well as the workflow? I know that you use RAW Developer to deal with your SD14 photos but seems it does not support DP1 at this moment. What I do is to convert DP1 RAW to jpg/tiff and then do further processing using Photoshop. Hows yours? Thanks! (video demonstration is appreciated :p )

3. Hi Joe! I’m glad you got one and I can see that you’re already friend with it! Admit it’s a fun little camera! :D

4. Hi Bill Lee!

I’m actually thinking about doing a video of those shots seen in this post as they look a little bit more saturated and difficult than my normal stuff. It’s all about SPP – very little photoshop. That’s the good news. Let’s see if I can find time to do it.

5. Ulf Bodin says:

I really like the arty first pic. I’ve ordered a DP1 and I’m a bit worried about the “bug” when DP1 is shot directly into the sun. Have you noticed that phenomena?

6. Hi Ulf.

I have noticed that phenomena a couple of times, yes. one of those images are published here. The 8s ISO800 shot. It’s seen on very few photos. It’s not always ugly either. I actually think it’s always involving overexposed light.

The 8s ISO800 shot:

Here’s another shot that is taken by Said Karlsson. Look at the right big street light, there is a reddish blob beside the lamp itself. That’s what would be the most common way to see this phenomena.

7. Nautilus says:

Joe Wilcox, your pictures are nice. I am so jealous, got to wait 10 more days for the DP1 to arrive.

8. Britton says:

Carl,

It’s nice to see great images like this coming from the DP1 in your capable hands.
    Well Done!

9. Ulf Bodin says:

Does this mean I can count on a reddish blob (IR filter pattern?) in every pic when the camara is pointed towards a intens source of light? Could this be fixed or is it a feature to live with on the DP1?

10. haha, No! Absolutely no! I have seen this “effect” in THREE images total out of 4000 shots. I promise you that I’ve taken ALL types of images during these weeks.

I would be surprised if you come to a different conclusion.

11. Tan says:

Love the first one. You know, it’s almost morally wrong to spread this much envy!

12. Ed Rodgers says:

Interesting. I’ve had the camera 3 days and have a dozen examples of red square blobs around light sources.

(Of course, I like including the sun in images.. :)

My guess is that the rear lens element is not coated well and reflecting the light bouncing off the sensor like feedback.

Check out my flickr page..

A great example that shows the sensor feedback.