DP1 green corner fix

EDIT, now with sound! Original post 12/3 2008

Sigma will come out with a easy to use solution within SPP itself or by firmware, until then we can do it our self’s in Photoshop (or other software such as Gimp).

This entry was posted in All, Developed with:, Movie, Sigma DP1. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to DP1 green corner fix

1. Amin says:

Very nice fix! Video looks great in full screen mode. I made a similar fix as a PS Action, but I find that the color correction varies a bit. Therefore, although such a fix works most of the time, a different color may be necessary depending on lighting, and sometimes one corner on a photo may need a different correction than another corner on the same photo. This will make it harder for Sigms to implement an overall fix. At any rate, I don’t find this problem too bothersome. Frankly, I don’t mind the look, and it isn’t so hard to change it when necessary.

2. Pingback: DP1 green corner fix

3. Ramon says:

Hello, Could you explain a little bit more when this “problem” appears?

Thanks from Spain

4. Kassra says:

Nice and effective. What about the videos? they seem to show that green rign around the corners a lot more, as the white objects move across screen and illustrate the problem…
    I am very disappointed in Sigma. A camera advertised for image quality, with a green ring around every single picture (which needs to be fixed manually in post production, on a computer), is a monumental flop… At least leica did address this by micro lenses placed on corner sensor cells… Sigma just tried to chose sample shots that hide this effect–unsuccessfully i might add!

I am seriously considering canceling my order (and perhaps revert back to a noisier, but so far problem free GRDii for compact carry around…),
    I am still hopeful that an easier, in camera (firmware?) fix that can be made available to all owners through internet download…

Thanks again for your fair and interesting review and posts… all the best to you, and all of us dp1 enthiusiasts!

5. Hi Kassra!

First of all, sigma has done nothing to hide this. It’s not seen in all shots. It’s only (more or less) at low f-stops when vignetting normally is a problem (true with all lenses independent on manufacturer) and here it’s vignetting with a tint. It’s really not that bad and it’s definitely not on all pictures. (pictures on my site has not been cured!) I wouldn’t worry about it as it’s so easy to fix and not a big problem. You can, if you like see it as part of DP1’s personality and just keep it for the record and style.

I almost always shot wide open – and even if I do it shows very little. Some shots more – most shots less or close to none. Btw Listen to Said Karlsson – owner of the GX100 (and Canon 5D) – and see comparison from the Richo fan site – if image IQ is what you’re after – then this is the camera for you.

Thanks for reading my blog. :)

6. Carl R says:

Hi Ramon! Green is sometimes seen when you shot wide open – as normal with vignetting. It’s really vignetting with a tint. But it’s also depending on light. Sometimes it’s not there – sometimes a bit more – like the photo i this video. But as you see other pictures – most other – don’t show it.

7. Michael Pfau says:

Please fix the sound. Thanks, M Pfau

8. Michael. For you, it’s done! :)

9. Nautilus says:

I learn something new everyday from this website. Keep up the good work. Waiting for my DP1 to arrive.

John