Skagen, Denmark using DP1

Skagen (dp1)

Skagen (dp1)

Just came back from Skagen in Denmark – a beautiful village famous for it’s history of painters – with small harbor and very special beach. Lots of dunes and special wild life. I saw seals and one dead wale. Here the two oceans Skagerrak and Kategatt meet and waves comes from two different directions (btw, Skagerakk is named after Skagen). I will post more images as I process them – these two as the first. Click on each for full size.

This entry was posted in Full size, Sigma DP1. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Skagen, Denmark using DP1

1. Britton says:

Carl,

I love both shots. I especially like the first one and where the focal point is. The manual focus and the way it was implemented is a almost as big of a reason I want the DP1 as the large Foveon sensor and great glass.

2. Ed Buziak says:

Looks so real… I can almost smell the fish! Makes me want to head for the coast right now to see, feel and even breath that beautiful light – Ed Buziak

3. NICE Carl!

That is some special light there in Skagen!

Ever since using Foveon my eye sees more and more of this kind of light.

4. thanks guys! The DP1 really is fun to play with. Do I dare say it’s more fun than my SD14? I think it is.

5. Britton says:

We are seeing some terrific images coming from that little DP1. In some cases, superior to some SD14 shots.

We need to keep reminding ourselves that this quality is coming out of such a small device. That is the extremely impressive part!

6. Nautilus says:

Amazing shots!!! I will get the Sigma DP1.

7. Hi Britton! Do you know why? I have a feeling it has to do with two things. The lens being as good as it really is AND the amazing control over focus! There is of course new and improved electronics inside this little wonder too AND not to forget a new software, able to pull out more reality.

8. I’m really excited to see what the Raw Developer people can come up with too!

XDR DP1 shots!

9. Carl R says:

Chris, it’s Raw Developer person, it’s a one man show. :D And yes, I can’t wait as well.

10. Steve says:

hi Carl,terrific shots incredible sharpness from the lens of DP1, could you please advise if you are using the Viewfinder or Lcd Screen for most of your shots, great review
    kind regards
    Steve…

11. Carl R says:

Hi Steve!

I use the LCD all the time as I love the manual focus. I’m a quality geek and well, knowing focus will end up exactly where you want is nice. More keepers that way. :)

12. Sam Murphy says:

Hi Carl,

These two photos are just stunning. I just got an email saying my DP1 has been shipped to me so I should have it tomorrow! I am looking forward to comparing the quality to my d300 as I have become totally fascinated with Foveon and am seriously considering an sd14. Do you find that the sd14/dp1 is able to produce images with a certain look that differs from the bayer cameras, or is it just that the shots coming out of the dp1 are being made by really good photographers!?