Lens and light test

ArkadiaFoto in Partille / Göteborg invited me to help them shot some models. I wanted to see and test the studio so I went there this very evening and tried light and some of my lenses. So here’s some of the resulting pictures. All images availible as almost full size download. I ended up using one profoto softboxed 1200w light slightly behind me to the right.

Lenses used: 30mm, 70-200, 120-300 and 10-20.
Camera: SD14 – ISO set to 100 by mistake. Should of course have been ISO50.

Arkadia studio session | lens test
Sigma 30mm – RD note: Monochrome XDR

Arkadia studio session | lens test
Sigma 10-20mm

Arkadia studio session | lens test
Sigma 120-300mm RD note – colors slightly damped.

Arkadia studio session | lens test
Sigma 70-200mm

Arkadia studio session | lens test
Sigma 30mm again. Too much fun.

Note: All images has been altered slightly in PS with vignetting and some has seen a touch of Alien skin Exposure. The man on these images belong to Arkadiamodels.com

This entry was posted in 10-20, 120-300, 30mm 1.4, 70-200, Flash, Full size, Raw Developer, Sigma SD14, Studio. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Lens and light test

1. Good photos, Carl.

The first, looks straight out of Ingmar Bergman.

Good you explore…

Clive

2. Simón Tannenbaum says:

Buenas fotos Carl, felicitaciones, que mal lo del error con el iso pero asi y todo salieron excelentes.
    Un abrazo

3. Alex Ball says:

Hi Carl, excellent work, the studio does come handy for you. That 30mm sure does find itself attached to your sd14 allot :P (my sd14 is in the mail, replacing sd9). I really enjoy browsing your posts, such high quality images! One question, any tips for the classic vignetting in Ps? google search shows some techniques, which produce inferior results to yours,

Keep it up,

Alex

4. The Chebb says:

Excellent Carl,
    That first shot is spot on dramatic!

5. Ruvy says:

Great photos. each brings a different side personality, some soft other dramatical. very good lighting and color

6. Clive! That would be the goal! :D Monochrome XDR is asking me to use it. I would have used it on ALL images but realized that people might think that SD14 can’t do colors if I did. :)

Thanks for comment.

7. Hi Alex!

Thanks for your warm comment and now over to your vignetting question. I make it easy for myself by just using the built in filter that ships with Photoshop called Lens Correction. (Filter | distort | lens correction) – that’s it. I play around with the two sliders and stop when I’m satisfied.

Good luck!

8. Cornelia says:

Hej Carl,

vilka fina bilder. Nummer 1 är nog den bästa, dramatisk…inte att underskatta modellens begåvning.

Du är så välkommen att testa att fota några av vara modeller på Arkadia Models.

Ciao
    Cornelia

9. BobNL says:

Hi Carl, maybe consider using some (strip)light from behind to lighten the hair. to give a little ring of light… will give them more of a 3d feel. they are just a little too flat for my taste. expression on the first in great!

10. Hi Bob – It’s not my thing – more light than one confuses me. :) I’m too stupid for that. I tried many times and I never been satisfied. Looks plastic and worked when I do it.

:) Maybe one day. Thanks for the tip.

11. Pingback: Lens and light test | Carl Rytterfalk Fotografi | Drakz bilder Online Service