Qtvr head | Created for 180˚ Sigma 4.5mm fisheye

sd14 fisheye qtvr

Problem: Today I need about six pictures to create a full panorama for qtvr – to be on the safe side (with 30% overlap so that pano software have an easier time) – I tried five with success but it depends much on the scene. Now, one problem is that a 180 degree view always involve the tripod and the 303SPH panohead. It’s annoying and lots of data is gone due to this.

Possible solution. Create a panohead especially for one camera and one lens (SD14 + 4.5 Sigma) shooting three pictures at 120 degrees and tilted about 30 degrees and one straight down and if my calculations is correct I would have a full pano with only four pictures needed. Not possible with the 303SPH. For the last picture I have to attach 1/4th of a circle so that I can take a last top picture. What do you think?

This entry was posted in All. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Qtvr head | Created for 180˚ Sigma 4.5mm fisheye

1. Myga says:

Wish to have all that hardware You own :D Especially that pano head. If I want to make a “pano” I have to pull up my tripod, look from above on the camera to see if the main axis is preserved and then put it down again xD Crazy stuff ;)

2. hehe.. well, that’s one way to do it. So come here and play! We can have a photo shoot together – bring some friends. :D

3. Myga says:

Haha, I wish it would be so easy, but who know’s maybe one day we will meet in person ;)

Keep up the good work !

4. Landor says:

Hi Carl,

What about the 360 kaidan device, re a one shot device.

Regards

Landor

5. Well, it sounds cool but it’s not true 360. there is no top or bottom shot – and resolution is not that great. (one shot for 360!)

I’d like to try it though! :D

6. There is another company that has a similar solution already and that I will try – http://www.agnos.com

When I have one I will definitely put it thru the phases!

7. Myga says:

NICE, looks great, prices are still high though. One good thing is that it can work for itself. One or two night clubs.. and the 360 for their site should cover it. That’s my idea for it ;)

8. ben says:

Use a nodal ninja 3 or 5 and you will need only three shot with this lens for a full 360.

9. Hi Ben, thanks for the tip. Do you know if result after using only three pictures will be much worse than if you had 4-6 images?

10. EasyView says:

They have one of thses already. Have you not seen 360Precision.com?

Dan