Now running Leopard

Someone should make a quicklook plugin for X3F’s! The X3F’s built in JPEG’s should be easy to use with Quicklook if I understand everything correctly. Anyone? I can beta test! :D

This entry was posted in All. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Now running Leopard

1. BobNL says:

Mmm, I remember Kendall was talking about it… would be a good idea… can’t do it myself, have no knowledge of programming :(

2. Somehow makes me want to make jokes about big cats running around your house, Carl, but lucky for you, can’t come up with a good one at present ;).

I guess you did this with your self-built non-Apple Mac? Or have I misunderstood about that.

Good winter work, besides the club photos you were taking. Here we have one of those dark, dark clouded over days. But — yesterday it was so sunny and actually warm that the birds started singing, I guess taking it as a good preview of spring. I walked down by the Rhine where also parents had taken a lot of small children to run out their energies, and it was really fine. Good hours for a Friday.

Best,
    Clive

3. komar_kzy says:

Congrats Carl!

Did You bought a new Macbook? Or did You used my advice from earlier post? :)

4. Rytterfalk says:

It’s my good old PC/MAC thingi.. :D And it’s fast. Very nice. I do have other real mac’s so I don’t feel to bad about it. Besides, I live in sweden and we don’t have the same copyright laws here. :D

Now Off to this years first QTWR shoot.

5. Ok, I got it ;). Looked up hackintosh. And I had thought it was because you might have been poor at the time.

The best quote was about the possible constitution of white Apple cases: “They’re made of ivory and rainbows, apparently.”

Actually, of course, they represent the real creativity, efforts, and accomplishments of the persons designing everything, just like the signatures of the design team which were embedded into the inside of early Mac cases (I had one, and have seen…).

I think this is a fun hobby project, Carl, can appreciate that and the sense of doing something ‘just because’. Maybe there is something that will come out of the small practice, for some challenge we don’t anticipate yet.

I don’t think it can be to have widespread PC Macs, as after all the hardware is where Apple makes the money to be able to create all the new things. Which is fair if you think about it, since people value objects.

For myself – well, I’d like to have Apple again. I get some amount of it in a way running one of the big Adobe suites. What a pleasure. There is even some suggestion Apple might buy Adobe – an interesting prospect.

Since I need XP for other things, I think I would be very interested in having Parallels, where you can get what you like and need from both together. When income after my research again says I can afford a Mac…!

Lots of things are fun in this life, a good thing ;)

Regards…

6. Jeff says:

The metadata should be relatively easy to extract. Well, at least as easy as DjVu metadata… I’ll post an update in a few days.

7. Jeff, I got your message!

I’m looking forward what could come out if this and I will help you in any way I can!

8. Jeff says:

Version 1 of the QuickLook plugin is now available at http://corpus-callosum.com/software.html or just click X3F_Utilities_v1.0.dmg.

QuickLook doesn’t turn off when you plug in your SD14, so you will see thumbnails showing up on the USB disk when you plug in your camera.

9. Jeff says:

As an added bonus, there’s a Spotlight importer as well. You can now get basic details from a terminal command like `mdfind “kMDItemISOSpeed == ’50′”` to find all the images with an ISO speed of 50. Very use full with additional Spotlight tools. After indexing a X3F RAW image, you can look at the data with the command `mdls FILENAME.X3F`.