I know some of you may want to know. Lot’s of Sigma specific issues has been solved.
RAW Developer 1.7.2 is now available here:
Full release notes for the update are here:
Many improvements and fixes in this release specific to Sigma X3F files. Including:
– Fix for hangs when rapidly switching from image to image.
– Fix for crashes due to TIFF files converted from X3F being loaded along with X3F files stored in same folder.
– Fix for sporadic crashes or error messages on some systems due to the default ICC input profile previously used for Sigma Sd9, SD10 and SD14 models. This input profile has been replaced. Note that if you have previously saved image settings that use the “RDv152 RIMM RGB Linear” input profile this profile is still likely to cause issues with RAW Developer 1.7.2.
– Improved handling of camera auto and custom white balance.
– Improved rendering of highly saturated colors, particularly reds and yellows.
– Improved highlight recovery algorithm for X3F format images.
– Support for medium resolution X3F files.
– The hot and dead pixel filters on the SharpNR tab pane are now active for X3F format images.
– The “Pattern noise filter” checkbox on the SharpNR tab pane is now active for X3F format images. This isn’t really a pattern filter with the Sigma’s as that is more a noise issue specific to Bayer sensor cameras, but for Sigma it now enables a fairly aggressive median type noise reduction filter. Not really intended for general use, but in extreme cases of long exposure or desire for a very smooth look (though it can get “painterly”).