Göteborg – QTVR At sunset

gbgI was visiting Göteborg today and I brought my pano equipment with me and decided to try a HDR (High dynamic range) movie. I set the camera at HI and at tripple exposures. This is the result. Click the image for a closer look. The full is too big, so this is a smaller one. Besides, with three exposures per image in a city that moves – not everything will be perfect. Tree is moving, birds are flying and people isn’t still. Even buses and cars are playing games with me.

Click the above picture to view the final panorama Quicktime vr movie. Or click here to download the quicktime file.

[ Javascript required to view QuickTime movie, please turn it on and refresh this page ]

Remember that you can click inside this picture and move around! (Click and drag) If you can’t see the above movie / picture then you might have to install Apple Quicktime.

This entry was posted in 10-20, Adobe Lightroom, ISO50, Movie, QTVR, Sigma SD14. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Göteborg – QTVR At sunset

1. Pingback: Movies and Film Blog » Göteborg - QTVR At sunset

2. komar_kzy says:

Wooowww :O How the heck did you do that? This is really extraordinary. I mean I’ve seen stuf like this but not so detailed – even sky above you is there..

3. komar_kzy says:

I made my reading part and now I know. Windows user cannot do it so easily as MAC user. Looks like I have to install Leopard again on my machine and take a look at this… :)

4. The Chebb says:

That is just amazing! I almost had to take motion sickness pills until I got the hang of the controls! You are the man, Carl!
    Cheers!

5. komar_kzy says:

Carl please tell us your secret. Where do you get all of your ideas? Is it experience or maybe it just comes up to your mind? Or is it Linn the creative and concept giving one? :)

6. spalbird says:

Very beautiful, Carl! Now I feel I want be in Götheburg again :) Is it task sharing – you taking panoramas, Linn going shopping? (hehehehe)

7. Carl at friends says:

Hi everyone! hehe, Komar, maybe it’s easier on a mac. Not sure. Isn’t everything? :D And no secrets. Just fun.

Yeah, Spalbird, you’re on to something here. :D It would definately be a bit more stressmade if Linn was with me. I would have to share the trigger too, for sure! And then she would move the tripod a couple of meter away and say – now this is my spot. hehe

8. Myga says:

Hi again, I’ve just read an article in a magazine telling how to avoid “moving” parts of the photos. What I understood is you have to use a firm grey filter and use long time exposition. This way moving parts will not be captured. Didt test it actualy, but maybe it will be a greater use to you….

9. komar_kzy says:

Just a little clarification- Myga is my second nickname :)

10. Myga says:

Hi Carl!

Can I ask You what did you used to create thouse HDR’s? I want to try hdr pano too, and was wondering what would be the best software to develop post-prcess pics.