SD10 revisited.

Man in the village.Old man in Village #2

I tend to forget that I lived in China for a very long time and during that time I took a huge amount of pictures all in raw. Since then lots have changed and new raw developers has popped up such as Lightroom, Sigma Photo Pro 3, Darkroom and Raw Developer. I decided to test one of them and this is SD10 images with the Sigma 30mm lens converted using Raw Developer. Click each image for a full size version. If you have time you can dig and find the old versions from back then. :)

This entry was posted in 30mm 1.4, Full size, Raw Developer, Sigma SD10. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to SD10 revisited.

1. evge says:

both of them – great, may be the second one I liked alittle more. Are you planning to publish some series from the China?
    Should be interesting
    Regards

2. Yes, the thinking has been these since long time. Just need to get that thumb out. Now with better processing available it’s even more fun.

3. Myga says:

I like the moust the man with some kind of shovel pic. Its not here obviously but I can remember it from the older days. Try to recrate that one ;)

4. Myga: hmm… that does sound interesting. The man sitting and with a boy beside him? Some shoe maker or some?

5. spalbird says:

Still the SD10 is a hard competition for the SD14…

6. komar_kzy says:

Carl now you own me one for all this clicking in the archives ;) My personal best of this serie is 1: http://www.rytterfalk.com/sync/small/032.jpg 2: http://www.rytterfalk.com/sync/small/027.jpg

7. Komar!!!! You’re incredible! :D Thanks. Now I will go back myself and take a lock. What do you think about colors? Colors back then had something too I think. Not as real though. :)

8. komar_kzy says:

Heh the first one looks a bit too cold, I had a RAW of this pic on my HDD but I can’t find it now :| Nevertheless I belive your gonna make a terrific job as allways. The second one i also raely great, I’m not too sure about colors, the yelow-ish skin is supposed to be there and its there. Not so sure if that one is possible to make it better. You tell us … :)

9. Tresca34 says:

Hi Carl,
    Emanuele is writing from Italy, Florence. Both of your photos are wonderfull, nice colors and sharp…so nothing of stange for the SD10 camera.
    I have to say thank to you because thanks to your review and photo album I have decided to change my canon 10D with a new Sigma SD14…I’m wating just Father Christmas passing….I’ll keep you informed about the results!!

10. Hi Tresca!

I went to your website and saw many great shots. Nice feeling for balance and color! Will be very interesting to see how you will coop with the SD14 and what magic you might make!. :)

Welcome to the club.

11. komar_kzy says:

Hi Carl! Can I ask how do You add thouse wattermarks on your photos? I can’t figure it out in Lightroom..

12. hehe.. I made them in RD placed my name in Photoshop. No Lightroom involved at all here.