High ISO raw for download

Lot’s of talk lately about SD14’s high ISO capabilities and I wanna give you some files to play with. I also put together a list of software that you can use in order to develop. Most of them has a trial version.

This time I will not give you as a full package! You select the photo you want to view as RAW and you download that particular shot. Slightly bigger quality shots of these are available on my flickr account. These are developed using Raw PhotoStudio 1.59 for OS X

Developers:
SPP3 (PC) and SPP2.2 (Mac): Go to website
Photoshop Lightroom & ACR: Go to website
Arcsoft PhotoStudio Darkroom (PC): Go to website
RAW PhotoStudio (Mac): Updated link! Go to website
Raw Developer: Go to website

ISO800: Click image you wanna download X3F (RAW) version from.
(Thanks Chunsum!)

Darkroom exportDarkroom exportDarkroom exportDarkroom exportDarkroom exportDarkroom exportDarkroom exportDarkroom exportDarkroom exportDarkroom export

ISO1600:

Darkroom exportDarkroom exportDarkroom exportDarkroom exportDarkroom export

Image: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 (in case there would be a problem)

This entry was posted in All, Arcsofts Darkroom, Full size, High ISO/ASA (400+), RAW, Sigma SD14. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to High ISO raw for download

1. Chunsum Choi says:

Carl…. I think you forgot to correct a few links after copy and paste the ISO1600 shots.

2. Chunsum Choi says:

a few in the ISO800 bunch as well.

3. hehe.. I will check and correct.

4. evge says:

I don’t excited by 1600 )), noisy
    need some advanced and intensive shot processing

5. yes, ISO1600 isn’t suitable for color (at least not always, in good light it’s ok), but for black and white it’s very very nice. detail is still there! Iso800 on the other hand is great!

Tell me what you wanna know. What software are you using?

6. evge says:

spp3 and photoshop, I tried ACR4.1, but it seems to be not suitable for me.
    I agree with you about 800, looks really good,
    especially to compare to SD10 :) u know

7. hehe, you should try Darkroom as well and Lightroom. Both those gives something more. ACR 4.1 (or latest 4.2) has the same engine I think as Lightroom but Lightroom makes it so much easier to deal with your photos. It’s still my main developer even if it’s not the best result. Speed is also a factor that often is important.

8. Lucs Marucchi says:

I thought the best developer was Sigma Photo Pro,wasn’t it ?

9. If you are lucky enough to get the perfect setting for your shot, then SPP is the best developer. BUT, and this is a big but. You almost never get there.

It’s difficult compared to programs like Adobe Lightroom and Arcsofts Darkroom. Darkroom does a very good processing job, very close to SPP’s quality and sometimes it’s even better. (depending on what glasses you have). Lightroom is many Sigma users favorite, and mine. If you shot a lot of photos (as I do) then you need an environment that can sort and keep all your files on an easy to reach distant and that opens your files at great speed. But the best with lightroom is maybe it’s real time environment. Adjustments are instant. Darkroom is almost instant and SPP was instant before (with v2.1 – sd9/10) but with SD14 files (spp3) it’s pretty slow.

But I urge you to try them all. :)

10. oliver says:

RAW Developer is apparently soon updated to version 1.7.1 – featuring improvements to high ISO Sigma shots. As well as stability improvements. I’m really looking forward to it.

11. Fran├žois-Xavier Geubel says:

Really, I was astonished to see which results the SD 14 is giving at 1600 ISO. Everywhere, I have read that its high sensitivity was ugly…but it isn’t! I have played with the Sigma Photo Pro I have got(many thanks to Karl…) and with some adjustments, you can still see fine details on the green barrel and on the young man’s skin… I presume that all those judgments were only true for the jpeg made by the camera itself… but it is never written!! And many thanks to Karl for his wonderful pictures!! (and happy birthday to Linn!!!) ;-)

Fran├žois-Xavier

12. Linn says:

the SD14 will perform good at ISO1600 in good light! But in bad, then it’s worse. In my case I wanted to freeze water so I went for higher ISO, and it’s a situation when high iso from SD14 will work greatly. In darker situations I guess ISO800 is the “working” ISO. It’s very pretty almost all the time. :)

But Ahh, you’re also talking about the guy in the bar? Yeah, that’s how bad light you CAN go, not more. :)

Linn says THANKS!