From above – Airship photography

Not much to say I guess, it’s so much fun to play with camera from an airship (Zeppelin) It’s remote controlled camera and I’m able to look pretty much 360 degrees around with on ground streaming video. These pictures are all taken with a small Canon S80. 8MP camera. I wish we had the Sigma Dp1 instead.

Equipment used belongs to helicopterview.

Airship photosAirship photosAirship photosAirship photosAirship photosAirship photosAirship photosAirship photosAirship photos

This entry was posted in All. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to From above – Airship photography

1. Jochen says:

amazing – absolute speechless – wow… :-)

2. Tank you very much sir! :D

3. Tesa says:

Många roliga bilder. Snyggt!

4. Clive says:

Really fun photography, Carl. The thought comes that you should put together a book of it to sell, maybe using Lulu or your friends in China. A first one to test the waters – I guess those waters might be pretty deep.

It’s a view someone would have to use a helicopter for, otherwise.

You could title it, ‘Autumn moments near Göteburg’ (or the seacoast town where you were, or something). Moments that pass by fast…

Just thoughts, and best,
    Clive

5. Clive says:

small book, I was thinking (since no edit), so as not to have a project that got away from itself, for a trial.

C.

6. Thanks Clive! Maybe I’ll do just that. Thinking hard and closing my eyes, dreaming..

7. Tack Tesa! Grymt kul kan jag lova! :D

8. Gunnar says:

Det är ju verkligen kul att kunna plåta från fågelperspektiv utan helikopter. – Även om jag förstår att det är ett bök att åka omkring med en stor korv i baksätet… :-) Ska bli intressant att följa dina fortsatta experiment i ämnet. Lycka till!

9. haha, ja, inte många baksäten där denna korv får plats. Jag har några bilder på bussen vi använder så förstår du. Eller det kanske räcker med en bild på skuggan. ;)

Hur som helst så är det enormt kul det här. En ny syn på världen kan man säga. Har ju varit uppe i en del master genom åren men då, när det begav sig så hade jag ingen kamera att tala om. Men nu när master passar sig mindre bra (stängsel och annat bök som måste forseras) så är Helium underbart! :D

Ska bara se till att få till en egen lösning. Kanske helt radiostyrd. mumma!

10. Pawel Miszewski says:

Hi Carl;
    Amazing idea with Zeppelin shoot-out (shall say shoot-over instead;-). Love the ground from above. Do u have a live radio preview from camera or U just take interval snaps? I shall buy one RC for myself – if only Zigview would work wireless to transmit viewfinder to receiver (though they just produce on-wire equipment). U mentioned how much U miss still not released DP1 for quality tonal range. If u’re looking for exellent and durable overground lightweight camera below 300g, Ricoh GR D meight be the best choice. I’ve taken tones of quality pics with it, regarding fast 28mm/2,4 lens (switch to infinity mode and f:6 – f:8 and lower 0,3-0,7 EV and u get sharp detailed image from edge to edge – best at RAW of course). One exellent atitude of GR D is the free of distortion wide angle – just amazing. Think – U should gain more for your exellent visions – great work indeed.
    best regards
    Pavel

11. Hi Pawel!

Show me your best GR D shot. :) I’d like to see what it can do. And 28mm, is that the final 35mm mm? Please show a very wide shot. As wide as it goes. (Make a public link, would be nice)

The DP1 has, as you might know a HUGE sensor and the raw format of which I’m used. I can work with any camera but the dream would still be DP1. How about the Dynamic Range of the GR D?

12. Attila says:

All equipment in this video is belong to Helicopterview.se!!!!

13. it sure does. :) Nice of you to drop by!

14. Pawel Miszewski says:

Hi Carl!
    I’ve published a gallery from GR D last year:
    http://www.imagineart.pl/east4days – most of B&W, but few of colors as well (tweaked in PS, but dynamic range in GR D is enough wide to postprocess in many ways). 28mm on GR D is pure 28mm:-) If U need just additional wide angle tests of landscapes – just let me know – I’ll attach them via mail.
    Best Regards
    Pavel

15. Pawel, very nice images! I like the way you did these shots! What do you think about the next version that was announced.. V2 or something..