I took Linn out to the railway for a focus test and for your enjoyment I publish some of the resulting images. We had a nice time and rain was in the air. We had to run before we were done.

If you want full size, write a comment about it and I might consider posting. :)
To see them all in a bit higher resolution click an image or click here.
120-300 EX @ f3.5
120-300 2.8 EX @ 300mm f3.5 [edit: color adjusted]
24-60 2.8 EX
24-60 2.8 EX @ 50mm f2.8
70 2.8 EX
70 2.8 EX @ 70mm f2.8 (blue desaturated)
70-200 2.8 EX
70-200 2.8 EX @ 160mm f3.2

Processed using Adobe Lightroom 1.1, camera SD14.

This entry was posted in 120-300, 24-60, 30mm 1.4, 70-200, 70mm, All, Portraits, Sigma SD14. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Sigma 120-300 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 24-60 2.8, 30 1.4 and 70 2.8 | EX DG lenses shoot.

1. Jim Kofron says:

Hey—no 30 mm… That must be a real bad copy…

;-)

2. spalbird says:

The biggest lens leaves most out of focus. Fortunately, Linn stayed “InFocus” all the time. Happy shots btw. Great!

3. The Chebb says:

Great shots of the ever lovely Linn. Are these lenses calibrated to the SD14? Just wondering since I’m about to send my misbehavin’ SD14 to Sigma for some work and calibrate to the 30mm.
    Cheers as always good buddy!

4. there is one 30mm Jim.. It’s supposed to be one. hehe.. I found it!
    http://www.rytterfalk.com/sd14/lenses/content/SDIM0283_large.html I do have lot’s more pictures from the 30 to share! :D

5. Spalbird: hehe, yeah. she likes to stay in focus! :D That’s how I found her. haha

6. Chris says:

Very nice shots! Really impressed with the sharpness of all this Sigma glass!

7. to The Chebb: Yes. I just got them back from calibration, that’s why I had to take them for the tour. It’s much improved! I haven’t got the chance to test them all yet thou. Definitely worth the wait and cost (transport).

:D :P :)

8. Andy (dalinean/convert) Graham says:

Like the last a lot. look as though you need someone holding a massive reflector just to get the face.

9. yeah, I’m sure that would help. I’d like to have an assistant at all times with reflector and flash. :D

10. Jim Kofron says:

Hey Carl,

I was thinking about doing the calibration thing for my 30 mm—but I should probably send the whole pile in. It’s funny, my 30 mm works a bit better with the SD10 than the SD14. Figuring that I have four lenses I’d do (a 70-200, 30, 50, 10-20)—I wonder how long they’d take.

Jim

11. Hi Jim! Not sure how long it would take. But it’s worth al the wait in the world! It’s like the most important part of the camera you’re dealing with. No sharpness in the world can make up for inaccurate focus.

12. Chris says:

Hi carl I see you used the 24-60mm there, I’m looking to get something in this focal range for myself, I was just wondering how it stacked up against the 24-70mm, I can’t decide between the two. Thanks :-)

13. carl says:

Hi Chris! I never really used the 24-70 but my gut tells me shorter (and newer) is better. :) What I was surprised to see with the 24-60 was the nice bokeh. It’s a bit soft wide open, but it’s getting much better really fast. Not very light but good glass don’t have to be. :) Not using it much though. Too many fix focal in the range. (30mm 1.4, 50mm 2.8, 70mm 2.8)