The man from Hedared | B&W series

His name is unknown to me. I went to him to see how he, as the last known man making baskets using one local very old method. I thought that maybe I could catch a little something onto my black and white CF card uing my SD9 (I think) and for lens I used my 30mm. There are a few other people cought as well. (Like Mom, dad and Linn.. beware)

This entry was posted in 30mm 1.4, All, Sigma SD9. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to The man from Hedared | B&W series

1. Linn says:

nice pictures!
    yap,i remember this old guy and his art work.
    Carl, i updated a new category on my blog. but it’s
    not showed on the main page. the category called ”
    life in sweden”. maybe you can help me with that???

please! i love you!

Linn

2. Linn says:

by the way
    maybe you should add my blog to your link.

am i your important girlfriend?????????

3. hehe.. Now you’re added! :D (This answer was for Linn) And Linn, yes, I will take a look and see if I can fix that.. :)

4. Spalbird says:

The B&W portraits are fantastic!!! Don’t let that girl look like a grey mouse… Linn has to be at least as cOLerfUL as she is …

5. haha.. but the jumping version is pretty good uhu? The other one is a tad “grey.. ;) Maybe I’ll redo it.. Just for you.

6. thechebb says:

Hey Carl!
    Outstanding B&W photos – you are truly the master of the 30mm – I think I might nickname my 30 “The Rytterfalk” in your honor.
    Cheers!

7. Chebb!

hahaha, that would be something! I feel deeply moved and happy knowing there is a lens out there called “mr Rytterfalk”.. :D

8. thechebb says:

Carl,
    It’s funny- my Art Director gives his lenses nicknames…though I think I may have started that by calling his Canon 300mm lens “The Grey Ghost”, he then followed by naming his 85 “Fat Boy” and his 24 “Stupid”…It will be pretty cool to say I shot a photo with Rytterfalk!
    Cheers!

9. Linn says:

Carl, you haven’t fix my blog yet?
    what are you doing all the time?
    and i call your family number by skype
    this moning but nobody was at home except Semul
    i turned off the mobilephone yesterday evening
    and i don’t remember the SIM PIN again:(
    have you called the old couple this morning? we
    will go to their home today!!!!!
    please!!!!!hurry!!!!

10. Great collection Carl.
    I really admire how you see things through your 30mm.

11. Linn says:

carl, i took some very nice pictures
    of Malmo!
    and now i am very tired, good night!

12. thechebb says:

Hi Carl,
    You know I’m a BIG fan of your work (I send people to your site whenever they ask about Sigma’s 30mm lens). And seeing what you’ve done with the 30mm is just inspiring as it is awesome. My question is do you shoot manually with the SD9/10 or use Shutter/Apeture priority….inquiring minds want to know (like me)….
    Cheers!

13. Thanks Chebb! :)

Quite often I find myself shooting in Manual mode, I take a picture than I look at histogram to see if levels are fine and.. well.. adjust if necessary. If weather is stable I just need to adjust ones or twice and the rest is most of the time perf… But sometimes I use my favorite “A” mode plus a huge aperture. (something like F1.4 – 2.0).

Football pictures I used P. :) And it ended up being close to wide open. In this case I used one of my faulty cameras and I need to restart after every shot, and well, it was cumbersome to enter a specific value after each shot so I trusted metering. Which often underexposed by a stop. remember a white football can trick anyone.. :)

14. Gregoire says:

It’s kind of painful to see the beautiful images you create with your Sigma 30mm now that I have one but can’t use it because it doesn’t focus–neither at infinity, or up close, even in broad daylight. Sigma’s first reaction was “this lens works fine” so that’s never a good sign. They still took it in after I said, “What do you mean it works fine? The focus is always off. It doesn’t even focus at infinity in broad daylight.” (I’m in Thailand, broad daylight is a LOT of light here). I should get it back in a week and I hope they fix it despite their initial reaction that leaft me wondering if they know what they’re doing. If the problem doesn’t improve, it will be very difficult to get a refund as I ordered this lens in the US but live in Thailand (they don’t sell it here in Thailand).

:'(

15. I’m so sorry to hear this! The support I’ve got so far from Sigma has been quite the opposite. Very gentle with lot’s of heart. To tell you the truth. I almost never shot landscapes. Most of my photography is at portrait distance. Even if it’s a tree or anything else. But I have a hard time thinking that yours are correct. Must be something wrong with the lens OR the camera.

Please tell me how it goes. Maybe I can be of some assistance.

16. I am trying to use this pic as an avatar but it would not load? Is it me or is this feature turned off?
    Me in San Francisco2008