I have a friend that has a daughter that is now 18 and will graduate today saturday. The father wanted to make a great little book about her life in china (they’re not from here but lived here for about 10 years). I had much to do so I couldn’t help him. (pearl book and other book project) so time went by and he almost gave up the chance of being able to pul this of. I taught him how to use Apertures book tool, which gave him a small light but the PDF export functionality is sooo poor that even if you made your book the book couldn’t be printed as he/we wanted (Hard cover, glue binded).So yesterday morning I had finished all my ongoing projects and I started to make his book. From 13:20 in the afternoon to printable PDF at printhouse at 02:00 at night, a 24h service.Today we have it in our hands, printed and binded with hard cover and everything. A 70 pages 220x180mm big book. That’s a personal record. As soon as I get permission I will publish some of the pages. As it looks fantastic! ;)Over and out from a rainy and cold Kunming. brrrPS. For you techno geeks out there. Book was made using InDesign CS2, exported as “high quality print PDF” with cutmarks turned on and a 3mm bleed. It was printed on semi-glossed 120g paper double sided on a Xerox-monster color laser printer. Huge thing. Cover was printed on matt paper by a HP 5500 plotter and later laminated and put onto a hardcover thingi. They use big cutters and they do the thing bookmakers do, but in slowmotion. And results is not bad at all. It looks and feels like the real thing. I’d prefere a ink-print inside but laser is ok.
Top five posts!
- A little something about the new Adobe Sketch for iPad.. 1
- Anderson: Great! Feeling nice to see this post. One of my best friend told me about your post. I am also a canvas...
- Rifat@imageeditingservices: Congratualte Carl Rytterfalk for sharing your notions. Being a father is the happiest...
- Salim Ahmed: Thanks for sharing your great experience. It’s exciting.
- Nitin Sharma: Great Post…Thanks for sharing. http://www.skugphotography.com /
- Salim Ahmed: Helpful post i’m glad to here. Thanks for sharing a professional post.
- camera filter Germany: Thanks for sharing this nice article it have some great useful blog….
- custom essay writing services: The wedding shots are truly great: groom and bride look very happy – this is...
- custom writing services: Is your ring original? Your jewelry is fascinating; I’m loving this post as well:)...
- Salim Ahmed: The jewelry is fantastic and the photography is best one.
- edit-ing.services/: Hi Carl! I’m more than happy to find this post available here! Thanks for sharing;...
- paper editing service: I just wanted to express my gratitude for all efforts you put into creating of this article!...
- Salim Ahmed: Lovely photo shoot. I like most last one. Thanks
- Nasrin: All shot are eye catching and gorgeous.
- Salim Ahmed: Beautiful sketch. It’s incredible it is your first work. Amazing !!
- Salim Ahmed: It’s a great story. You are a great mother.
- Salim Ahmed: Great photography i love jewelry photography. Thanks for sharing
- Nasrin: Great feature.
- Wedding shots revisited..
- Jon and Carolina | Wedding session
- Kristofer och Anneth | wedding session
- Daniel & Maria | Wedding with SD14 and DP1
- DP1 at Sunset.. (Updated)
- DP1 Raw pack for download!
- BW DP1 experiment | iso3200 - 6400
- 14mp B&W sample for download.
- Raw Pack "Club"
- Liquid Nitrogen and my Dad
- Jeannette & Magnus. Part 3 - Together
- Forest trip - the others.
- [link] From another time with SD14 - 21 shots!
- Pearl book | in progress.. 
- Norway - 121 images
- Trip images now availible!
- Man and the pearl | Black and white
- SD14 + Jpeg studio experience. Part 1