New Sigma?! | True?! UPDATE!

Small of the big version

UPDATE! He just sent me a original file with blurred text. But still, you can clearly see the camera now.

As you know that have read this article I got a mail from a Japanese friend who told gave me this image, first as a bad photo copy, but later he sent me this better original. Now he updated with some more info to go with the picture:

The front cover is said to be a small 1.8″ hard drive slot. In case you wanna record HD film, you need a better storage. CF-slot on the side.

The sensor uses VPS to produce noise free 720p @ 24 fps. Auto ASA up to 3200 in movie mode. (ASA-6400 in photo mode)

Resolution is about 16.5milion photosites. And FPS said to be very very good, thanks to the movie mode.

Real live preview and a new advanced batterysystem that will be good for about 4000 images (using HI2) or 45min of HD material to 1.8″ drive.

PC contact, live view on Mac OSx (PC later).

Shutterlag is lower than 0.001ms and preview image is direct and save times a none issue thanks to harddrive.

New auto-wb with many custom settings. (that’s the third button on image is for) Also a new film-alike setting. Select one filmtype you like (out of 40 preset) including Kodachrome, Velvia, TriX etc save as JPEG including film like noise. said to bery realistic.

Built in bluetooth for use with the new pro flashes. Have the studio with you and move the flashes as you like. Control up to 6 multiple exposured guns via the new EX-TTL system.

There is lot’s and lots of nifty little cool things that will make this cool camera the one and only along with it’s smaller brother. (no name mentioned for any of these cameras)

Click on image to get the original file that he sent me. Not very big, exif says Canon camera used. If you get hold on more info, please send me: carl@rytterfalk.com thanks!

Please comment and say what you think. Btw, I think this is a bigger of the ones that are coming, a pro body. Rumors says a smaller is coming, this seams to me to be another one.

This entry was posted in All. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to New Sigma?! | True?! UPDATE!

1. Pingback: Sigmabits » Blog Archive » New Sigma SD leaked?

2. thechebb says:

Holy Smokes – I’ll get my wife to translate and post ASAP!
    CHEERS!
    CHEBB!

3. Chebb thanks! Can you mail the translation to me?! My source just sent me an updated version but he insisted that the text shouldn’t be public, it wasn’t correct info. It changes he said.

Enjoy the new image!

4. Hmm… meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. I guess it is that time of the year …

5. Bare Butt Baby says:

Carl you Naughty Boy!

6. pvs says:

April Fool's Day???? I hope not. This looks nice.

7. Zone8 says:

Well, I think it must be true, along with the whispers I heard that it will actually ship with their new 7.43mm – 877.92mm zoom lens, fully image stabilised. The new memory is based on compressed rice pudding, with a strong noodle inserted and glued into position for easy removal – the noodle being supplied, uncooked, by Chunsum, of course. Of course, the rice pudding bit may not have a grain of truth to it! Could be a bit wild, that claim. There will also be a motorised wiper attached to the lens to repel rain, sea and river water and insects, so it could be used safely underneath the waves (of cheering spectators). No more dust on sensors, as the lens will be glued into position and nothing inside can shed particles. In addition, on the last assembly, before all is sealed, there will be engaged a 1,000 ton suction device to remove any crumbs dropped inside during assemblers meal breaks.

8. PVS, sorry about that. It was just too much fun to make this. I started early in the morning and wasn't done until six or seven hours later. I showed the "mockup" to some friends and got some criticism for using to many unreal pars from Canon 1DsmII and looking close I had failed in many details. But this final image I think is pretty good. :D

Thanks for commenting. As a friend in a company we like once said. The grass is green, but WE will be greener!

9. Zone8, very very interesting thoughts you have there! I wonder what you're on! :D I guess the camera itself is waring a rain-bowed protection cover for rainy days as well.

Thanks a lot for an insight into your view. :D

10. ADEL says:

If this camera was ever to come true, sigma would have advertized it or at least some it’s features. being posted on april 1st & and seeing many fake next gen. Sigmas over the last few yours, I advise everybody to totally ignore this & any coming camers except if it is from sigma. you’ve been worned.

Adel

11. Chunsum says:

Adel, the images does say Prima Aprilia. ;)

12. Random Guy says:

That’s hilarious. So hilarious it sealed my decision to buy a Canon 5D and stop waiting around for Sigma to produce their next buggy camera (or even update the SD10 firmware). When the usergroup starts inventing new cameras for the company it’s time to call it quits.